Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian owned company. Bayshore HealthCare is proud to showcase its achievement as a Platinum member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program every year since 2006. In 2015, Bayshore achieved the designation for Best Practice Spotlight Organization from the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario. Bayshore Healthcare is also Canada's Best Employers Forbes 2023 list.
The Human Resources team supports the Bayshore Specialty RX division in all fundamentals of HR including, but not limited to, implementing national and local HR strategies in the areas of employee relations and engagement, performance and change management, reward and recognition, training and development, recruitment, selection, retention, and compensation. The team provides guidance, direction, and support in employee and leader inquiries, and supports in rolling out various HR programs and initiatives, while incorporating and promoting a positive culture.
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Business Partner, the Human Resources Advisor is the primary point of contact to assigned business units within Bayshore Specialty Rx division. The Human Resources Advisor will coach and educate all levels of Management and Employees on HR Processes including Employee Relations, Talent, Development and Performance Management, Company Policies, and Best Practices. The key focus of the role is to provide assigned client group(s) with people solutions and programs that will grow the business and coaching Leaders to foster increased employee and organization performance.
Key areas of focus:
- Provides coaching, advice, and guidance to leaders on employee relations issues, including but not limited to, complaints, policy violations, investigations, discipline, and terminations.
- Drives ideas and suggestions to enhance HR practices, programs, and policies.
- Lead or participate on HR initiatives, integration, and harmonization of programs, and
- Influence and effectively managing change in assigned businesses by serving as a change agent on strategies and initiatives.
- Champion employee engagement/pulse surveys for their assigned client groups, debriefs the results and leads the business unit through the associated action planning.
- Coach and mentor leaders with a particular focus on identifying, assessing, and developing employees in support of performance and talent management.
- Provides support to leaders through the new hire, transfers, probationary, promotion, and annual performance review process, including annual salary increase and bonus processes.
- Develops and refines job descriptions and assists in job evaluations, as required.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to prepare and process employment changes.
- Manages exit interview process to effectively identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Supports leaders and employees with the interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Manges disability leaves and provides support for disability management through return-to-work plans, accommodations, and attendance management.
- Ensures WSIB claims are processed in a timely manner by completing appropriate documentation and submitting to WSIB; regularly maintains contact with employee, and WSIB, and keeps electronic notes and documentation updated in Parklane.
- Maintains a true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement and positive work culture
- Prepares and facilitates training on Human Resources topics
- Proactively promotes and participates in Health & Safety program and conducting routine audits
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications Profile
Post secondary education in Human Resources
Certified Human Resources Professional preferred or working towards the designation is an asset.
- A minimum of 3-5 years progressive Human Resources experience preferably within a multi-location service-driven enterprise.
- Ability to effectively manage conflicts and diffuse escalations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment legislation, coaching and counselling, dispute resolution and facilitation skills, principles of change management.
- Ability to drive results as an individual contributor while staying focused on overall HR team goals and success.
- Ability to coach and guide clients across all levels of an organization.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills.
- Exceptional judgment and ability to solve problems independently.
- Ability to learn/adapt/be resilient in a high growth business environment
- Proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness developing HR strategies
- The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong business acumen as well as deep experience across all dimensions of Human Resources.
At Bayshore HealthCare, we take pride in creating an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Our vision is about being the difference in the lives of those we care for, work with and the communities we serve.