Make A Difference For Those Who Make The World?
As a Social Media Manager, you will be part of a dedicated hybrid team based in Mississauga and reporting to Group Marketing Manager.
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World?. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of nearly 60,000 professionals globally who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT®, CRAFTSMAN®, CUB CADET®, STANLEY® and BLACK+DECKER.
At Stanley Black & Decker Canada we are proud to be awarded the following honours; Canada's Top Employers For Young People (2020, 2021 & 2022), Greater Toronto's Top Employers (2020, 2021 & 2022) and Canada's Best Diverse Employers (2020, 2021 & 2022).
What you will get to do
- Manage all aspects of social media for DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY and IRWIN brands in Canada - strategy, content development, performance monitoring, content posting etc.
- Collaborate with Director Marketing and Digital Marketing Managers to develop social media content strategy that is consistent with the brand's identity and information derived from SBD Canada's strategic priorities and upcoming product launches
- Develop social media content on your own and/or in collaboration with internal Studio team and USA social media counterparts
- Write social media post copy as needed and manage French translations
- Partner with internal PR resources to monitor and collect/post user-generated content that meets Legal, Safety, and brand requirements
- Manage a high-volume posting schedule in both the master content calendar and social media management tool
- Moderate and respond to messages appropriately, based on community policy
- Assist with crisis management, negative reviews, and negative news communications
- Along with PR, maintain relationships with industry professionals or influencers on social media and partner with them on the creation of content in line with strategic priorities for each brand
- Prepare snapshot reports on social media marketing efforts
- Stay up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media
Who You are
- 2-7+ year of social media management experience required, preference in a corporate or agency setting
- Bachelor's degree preferred in marketing, communication, or a related field.
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn) and which types of creative content works best for which platform.
- Strong creative instincts, analytical skills, and a curiosity to continuously improve on the development of content that will resonate with our audience(s).
- Understanding of social media KPIs.
- Experience using social media management tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Sprinklr, etc.
- Excellent written communication skills for external marketing copy (social media post copy) and internal communications.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to travel throughout the Toronto GTA for customer and business shows and occasionally working from the Mississauga Corporate Head Office for relevant team and product meetings
What you get
- Opportunity for career advancement with a fortune 200 company
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Company Perks including: Goodlife Fitness discounts, Employee product purchase, and many more!
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools company. More than a driving force in outdoor power equipment. More than a global leader in industrial. We're visionaries and innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
Stanley Black & Decker believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on their own merit. We strive to hire employees that reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of employees and our communities including but not limited to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, and disability. We remain committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our work environments. We know that diversity underpins excellence, and that we all share responsibility for creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. Therefore, in pursuit of our values, we seek employees who will work respectfully and constructively with differences across the organizational hierarchy in actualizing SBD's priorities, goals and principles of equity and inclusivity. If accommodation is required at any point in the recruitment process, please contact a member of our Recruitment Team. Please note that as part of our recruitment process, candidates in the final stages will be required to complete a background check which may include a criminal background, credit and drivers abstract check.
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black
Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
Global Benefits & Perks
You'll be rewarded with a competitive salary plus receive entitlements and benefits unique to your country of hire.
What You'll Also Get
Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
Learning & Development:
Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
Diverse & Inclusive Culture:
We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.