Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Marketing Communications
Posting Date: November 2, 2023
Posting Close: November 16, 2023
Dixon Hall is a multi-service agency located in the heart of east downtown Toronto committed to realizing the vision of a city where everyone thrives. Since 1929, we have been touching the lives of thousands of our community's most vulnerable residents by providing a range of programs and services across every stage of life. We create lasting solutions to end poverty, social injustices, and isolation in Toronto. We value respect, diversity, integrity, care, compassion, and accountability.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, the Communications Specialist will contribute to Dixon Hall's success by assisting in the execution of strategic internal and external communications, channels, and content management. The focus of this role will be on effectively executing communication strategies, including drafting materials for various channels; providing creative solutions to present content and working closely with internal teams to provide support as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support in the development and execution of communication plans that support internal and external outreach goals and objectives
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to support advocacy campaigns.
- Develop content for all marketing and/or promotional materials including, but not limited to newsletters, signage, media releases, reports, and blogs
- Ensure that the content on Dixon Hall's website is up-to-date and engaging
- Work with the Digital Marketing Specialist in developing a content calendar for Dixon Hall's Social media channels
- Manage content on Dixon Hall's website and all internal communication channels
- Lead and manage the Dixon Hall social committee to initiate staff engagement activities.
- Organize events, activities, and programs that foster a positive and inclusive workplace culture.
- Contribute in the development of Dixon Hall's annual report and the annual general meeting.
- Work with and support the Philanthropy Department to ensure donor engagement is optimized
- Analyze data to ensure effectiveness and ongoing ROI for marketing efforts and initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, a related field or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of relevant communications, media and/or marketing-related experience
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills and proficiency in communicating and engaging effectively with a wide range of audiences
- Superior fact-checking and proofreading skills with a strong portfolio of writing that is clear, accurate, and compelling
- Experience writing content, developing themes, and maintaining consistent brand identity for multiple audiences and platforms, including print, online, digital, websites, and social media platforms
- Experience managing an organizational website and editing digital content
- Proven organizational skills, ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities, manage multiple projects concurrently, and complete work in required time frames
- Experience in the non-profit sector will be considered a strong asset
- Established media contacts in Toronto will be considered a strong asset
- Experience in SharePoint and Adobe Creative Suite will be considered an asset
- Must be legally able to work in Canada.
- Able to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening check with a 'Clear' or satisfactory result that meets the Agency's operational requirements.
- Must have up-to-date vaccinations for COVID-19 with a vaccine that has been approved for use in Canada.
Dixon Hall is dedicated to fostering an inclusive selection process and work environment, guided by their Race Relations and Employment Equity Policies. If selected for an interview, please inform the hiring manager or the People and Culture team of any accommodations you may require during the interview process.
To achieve their goal of inclusivity and diversity, Dixon Hall actively seeks exceptional candidates from varied backgrounds and with lived experiences. Individuals who self-identify as being from marginalized communities, including Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those from the 2SLGBTQIA+ community or who have experienced homelessness, are strongly encouraged to apply.