Location: British Columbia_Remote_Worker, Canada
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
This is a British Columbia remote position until the new Office opens in Victoria and then it will be onsite.
Thales is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for providing a wide range of administrative services to assist AJISS Esquimalt Operations Manager and Esquimalt project team in day-to-day running of AJISS program and also provide reception coverage, greeting visitors and distributing security badges.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Greet visitors, ensure they present valid photo identification, sign the Visitor's Log, distribute appropriate security badge, and announce to relevant individual.
- Distribution of incoming mail, post outbound mail and track courier deliveries;
- Order office supplies through Hamster, submit Purchase Requisitions (PRs) in SAP for approvals.
- Prepare and format reports and contract deliverables as well as Statements of Work (SOW) using in-house templates as well as customer provided templates.
- Coordinate and track project deliverables and outstanding actions to ensure timely delivery.
- Set-up internal document reviews and closely track for completion.
- Monitor workflow process to ensure the document is reviewed, approved in a timely fashion and escalate Work Items (WI) of concern to the PM.
- Deliver documentation to the customer (via email or courier), pdf and file correspondence.
- Follow company policies and processes and maintain all aspects of electronic filing systems including logging, retention, and disposal.
- Work with both internal and external tools such as IPESA, TFS, SFTP, SharePoint to manage activities and workflow issues (monthly reports, SOWs, deliverables, etc.).
- Work with the Halifax Administrative Assistant to monitor and manage AJISS specific administrative software tools.
- Manage all aspects of incoming and outgoing correspondence in the project mailbox and respond to project team members' inquiries.
- Work closely with cross functional teams such as Finance, Contracts & Legal, Procurement, and Quality on project requirements.
- Prepare for all aspects of in-house meetings, including coordination, taking and preparing minutes/record of discussion and action items tracking.
- Order catering, track details and assist with the setup/clean-up.
- Create SAP purchase requisitions as required.
- Perform A/CSO duties as assigned by the primary A/CSO.
- Be part of the contacts' list for emergency situations or alarm triggered events.
- Assist with on-boarding new team members to the project, processing PIN numbers in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of letters, quotes, and proposals and provide formatting support on large bids as assigned.
- Support with any off-site event/meeting/training/team building by booking the venue, PR creation, facilitating payment and on-site administrative support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the West Coast Operations Manager and Administration Manager.
- Provide backup to other Administrative staff and cross-train as required.
Minimum Requirements :
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail.
- An interest in working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with a steep learning curve.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Regulatory Compliance Requirements
- Requires direct or indirect access to hardware, software, technology or technical data controlled under the Canadian Export Control List, the ITAR or the EAR.
- Requires a positive Controlled Goods assessment as personnel will have direct access to hardware, software, technology or technical data controlled under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
- Required to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance at the NATO Secret Level.
The anticipated Total Target Compensation(TTC), inclusive of annual salary and bonus eligibility, for this role is based on $48,313.96 -$75,490.31 range. The Company reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant's status protected by local, provincial, and federal laws.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. Thales is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the interview process. Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for an interview. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
This position requires direct or indirect access to hardware, software or technical information controlled under the Canadian Export Control List, the Canadian Controlled Goods Program, the Canadian Industrial Security Program, the US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be eligible or able to obtain authorization for such access including eligibility to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and able to obtain a Canadian NATO Secret clearance.