Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Part time Administrative Assistant for Worldwide Government Affairs & Policy (Canada), located in Toronto. Candidates will be also considered in Ontario. This position may require up to 10% travel.
This role is a part-time position, and the candidate filling this role will work 18.75 hours per week.
With $94.9 billion in 2022 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 130,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
This role will report to and provide support to the Head, Government Affairs & Policy, Johnson & Johnson Canada and work with the GA&P Team on various key functions.
Key Responsibilities :
- Be the public face of the GA&P Canada Head, and the team you support, and represent them, our WWGA&P Department, and the Company expertly and optimally in all interactions.
- Be fully aware of and current with the supervisors' responsibilities.
- Communicate optimally with internal and external partners at all levels, including on confidential and critical matters
- Budget Administration: Maintain budget spreadsheet with up-to-date status of financial/procurement activity.
- Procurement: Assist with preparation of agreements and contracts with outside consultants and vendors, submit purchase orders and/or check requisitions (Health Care Compliance GO-EX, International Contracts Database, eMarketplace) in compliance with J&J company policies.
- Provide some calendaring and travel arrangement support
- Provide support for external meetings the GA&P engages in with organizations and governments
- Proactively anticipate the needs of the Head, Government Affairs & Policy and the team.
- Build and maintain effective relationships and trusted partnerships with department, and other business partners, locally in Canada and globally.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of department objectives, policies and procedures. Acquire knowledge of Johnson & Johnson organizational structure, within Canada and with Worldwide Government Affairs & Policy
- A minimum of a high school diploma is required; an Associate's degree or higher and/or CPS is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience serving in an administrative support capacity
- Prior experience supporting mid-level leaders such as Directors.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn specialized computer software used for expense reporting, travel reservations, procurement and other applications (such as Concur, Health Care Compliance GO-EX, International Contract Database, eMarketplace, etc.).
- A technologically savvy problem solver
- Self-starter with ability to work independently in the absence of supervisors, and to multitask and prioritize workload against critical deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced, multicultural, international environment
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to coordinate with other administrative staff
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail and ability to exercise both discretion and sound judgment
- Ability to anticipate stakeholder needs without direct instruction and be proactive in addressing them
- Strong organizational skills and the proven ability to prioritize work
- The ability to travel occasionally - less than 10% local/domestic travel
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .