Req ID: 24184
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Contract Duration : 1 year
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 11/17/2023
As a SAP Application Developer in the Enterprise Business Solutions (EBS) Section, reporting to the SAP Project Manager, Development Support, you will provide SAP application development (WRICEF?Workflows, Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms) expertise for the SAP landscape (S4 1809, Fiori, Portal, BW, BusinessObjects, SuccessFactors, Concur Invoice and Expense, etc.). As a team member in SAP Development Support, the successful candidate will work as part of a project and support team to acquire, develop or improve application systems and support existing applications working in conjunction with clients and external consulting resources in accordance with City Standards and Procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- review and/or initiate Development or Work Requests and project development scope;
- identify, gather and prioritize requirements and issues (e.g. by interviewing clients; review of legacy applications, processes, interfaces and functionality, etc.);
- assist clients with preparation of feasibility studies and reports;
- develop application requirements documents, time estimates and program specifications;
- provide input to or develop implementation and contingency plans; execute developments in test systems and prepare and execute test cases;
- communicate and work with IT and client resources during implementation of developments or projects into production systems (e.g. update planning and development tracking status, etc.);
- prepare and review documentation to support developments and system (e.g. user Work Instructions, backup and recovery procedures, etc.);
- prepare training materials and train clients and support on use of systems and applications;
- install and test new releases of software packages (e.g. SPs, Enhancement Packages, migrations, etc.);
- provide input to implementation and contingency plans including installing install and test of new releases for the landscape (e.g. SPs, Enhancement Packages, etc.)
- maintain and upgrade skills on new technology and maintain development standards and documentation with support members;
- independently execute short term solutions projects which may be SAP and/or Microsoft based;
- perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or a related discipline with a minimum 3 years of SAP application development/implementation experience in an MS SQL and SAP ERP and Fiori development environments is required; experience with S/4 1809, Portal, SuccessFactors, Concur, BW and BObj preferred
- Ability to research and apply SAP Notes and initiate SAP incidents is required
- Solid organizational, time management, technical and analytical/problem solving skills is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment is required
- Experience with development for any of the following areas/modules in SAP would be an asset: Finance (FI/CO/AP/AR, etc), HCM (including OM, PA, PY, Time including Portal ESS and MSS), Logistics (Purchasing, Inventory, etc.)
- Experience with development on any of the following would be an asset: Fiori, Concur Invoice and Expense or SuccessFactors functional or integration; SAP PI/PO (Process Integration/Process Orchestration), BTP, Solution Manager, BW, NetWeaver (NW), Business Objects
- Use or experience with the following applications or platforms would be an asset: Ancile uPerform, Accenture Clone & Test, Precisely/Winshuttle Studio, ServiceNow for IT service desk, SharePoint for documentation, Windows OS, VM and SAN platforms
- SAP ABAP and/or Certifications in SAP or web application development would be an asset
- In-depth knowledge of inter-dependencies between SAP and Microsoft (Windows, SQL Server, Active Directory) environments would be an asset
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 85,155.00 - $ 113,541.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Organization Unit: CPS/SAP Development Support
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/IT Division , Enterprise Business Solutions
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.