Discovered Intelligence is a big data intelligence services and solutions provider, headquartered in Toronto and serving all of North America. The company is specifically focused on helping enterprises gain superior levels of intelligence and visibility from data at scale. Our customers range from businesses with small data sets, to Fortune 500 companies managing hundreds of terabytes. We are award winning experts on the Splunk big data platform, with over 20 years combined expertise and authors of the Splunk Operational Intelligence Cookbook.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our developers are self-motivated and great communicators, who have a desire to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. Successful developers are comfortable mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds. We provide you with an environment in which you can make valuable contributions from day one while also building opportunities for personal learning and growth. The work you'll do will directly impact the experience, and success, of our customers.
Discovered Intelligence offers a great flexible working environment, a competitive salary, leading training and comprehensive benefits. Comprehensive Splunk training will be provided.
- Can collaborate and listen to our customers; from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders.
- Be self-motivated and willing to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow colleagues.
- Are organized with a healthy sense of urgency. Able to set, communicate and meet aggressive deadlines, despite competing priorities.
- Are a team player - you collaborate with others to solve problems and actively
incorporate input from various sources.
- Like to be challenged and thrive in a varied working environment.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills - willing to tackle challenges head on.
- You have a drive to create clean, reliable, secure, and maintainable software and know what a good API looks like.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor degree or post-secondary diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years building web applications with an emphasis on the backend
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience using AWS or other cloud technologies.
- Experience using one or more databases (SQL, noSQL, etc.).
- Have experience with Git workflows and services such as Github or Gitlab
- Linux operating system experience: Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.
- You have strong communication skills - explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
- Must be legally eligible to work unrestricted in Canada.
- Experience with Splunk, Hadoop, Elasticsearch or other big data technologies.
- Experience in a consulting organization with exposure to a variety of industries,
preferably in a multi-client environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Remote-first, flexible working environment
- Professional development and training
- Comprehensive health, dental and drug coverage
- Employer matching retirement plan (RRSP)
- Enhanced Parental/Maternity Leave
- Monthly in-person team social events and an annual company retreat
- Diverse friendly team and culture
Interested candidates should submit their resumes. All resumes should include a cover letter highlighting your skills and why you feel you would be a good fit to join our team. No recruitment consultants or agencies please.