Job ID: 488424
Work Type: Full Time
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
CRH Canada is looking for a Human Resources Advisor with a passion for positive business impact!
Who we are
Recognized as one of Greater Toronto's Top 100 Employers, CRH Canada is one of the country's largest vertically integrated materials and construction companies. We manufacture and supply a diverse range of superior building materials and products for use in the construction and maintenance of infrastructure, housing and commercial projects. Our materials and products are widely used in construction projects of all sizes across the country.
We are a member of CRH plc, a global building materials company with a proud and successful history, a strong track record of performance and a clear commitment to safety and ethical business practices. The company employs over 90,000 people in 37 countries around the world.
As the Human Resources Advisor supporting our Dufferin Concrete and Dufferin Aggregates division, you will provide a hands-on, tactical approach within the field, to business leaders and key stakeholders as it pertains various HR disciplines including employee relations, labour relations, compensation and benefits, training and development, performance management, employment legislation and policy interpretation.
This is an ideal role for you, if you appreciate having the autonomy to manage your day-to-day activities while ensuring to support the needs of the business, enjoy the flexibility of a work-from-home program and are open to local, operational site travel within the Greater GTA region in order to support HR activities.
Human Resource Excellence
- Develop and implement proactive HR strategies and processes to support overall Company objectives, including employee retention, labour relations, performance/development management and compensation/benefits management.
- Provide guidance and support to management and employees on the interpretation and application of HR policies, procedures and business processes.
- Build effective partnerships with other organizational units and shared services to maximize best practices.
- Monitor and report on HR and KPI discrepancies and recommend/implement appropriate action in order to achieve business objectives and targets.
- Support labour relation activities including grievances, arbitrations and contract negotiations.
- Facilitate the execution of organizational development and change management initiatives.
- Support the recruitment process in conjunction with Management & the Talent Acquisition department as needed.
- Coordinate employee onboarding and conduct new hire orientations and follow up.
- Manage disability claims and accommodation process.
Performance Management Process
- Ensure Annual procedures are communicated internally; evaluations are completed in line with schedule and meet quality requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to management with cascading objective setting, evaluation criteria, performance evaluation and development planning.
- Provide follow up discussions, coaching, and feedback to employees and management to strengthen the process.
- Emphasize the importance of regular feedback and coaching to develop employee performance.
- Encourage employees to take ownership of their personal development and career advancement opportunities.
- Engage employees in a high-performance culture, encourage open communication, team focus and execute employee rewards/recognition programs (ie. Service Awards, network events etc.)
- Foster positive employee relations; Coach, counsel and advise both employees and management on various personal and professional related matters, provide EFAP referrals as required.
- Work with employees and management to identify and resolve complex and sensitive issues, disagreements and conflicts (e.g. employee complaints and policy violation allegations).
- Seek to encourage employees to correct unacceptable behaviour and performance through application of progressive discipline guidelines.
- Effectively manage the termination process and separation meetings.
- Conduct effective exit interviews and provide management with analysis and recommendations.
- Review existing and forthcoming legislation to determine HR impact on the organization; Advise management on pertinent legislations; Make recommendations regarding legislation; and ensure adherence to requirements.
- Provide support to management in lawsuits, grievances, and complaints as required.
- Provide assistance to management with preparation of documentation for litigation.
- 3+ years of progressive Human Resource experience, preferably within a Generalist type role.
- University degree or College diploma in Human Resources or related field.
- CHRP designation an asset.
- Customer focused, adaptable, with superb accountability skills.
- Well organized with the ability to consistently prioritize and a proven track-record of success.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with experience in partnering effectively with stakeholders and guiding conversations.
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation (Employment Standards, Human Rights Code, Pay Equity, Employment Equity, Privacy Legislation, OH&S Act etc.).
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada's diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.