Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta. We are looking for energetic people who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You are committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and capable of delivering exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety - then come be a part of our diverse and inclusive team!
Reporting to the Events & Member Recognition Manager, the Events Coordinator is responsible for coordination and planning of various events or activities to support the Association's strategic initiatives, as well as enhance the image of APEGA and the profession and its value to society.
- Managing events including logistics and planning to ensure smooth execution of internal or external events such as APEGA's Summit Awards, AGM, Annual Holiday Receptions, Ethics Workshops, Nexus Conference and Council meetings.
- Identifying event requirements including online registration if required. Identifying creative branding elements to be used or developed related to events.
- Providing attendee communication and assistance by supporting or answering questions about events.
- Administering of all event details including MC notes, creating agendas, signage and name tags, etc.
- Managing on-site and online events to ensure smooth execution of internal and external events.
- Developing collaborative relationships with vendors and overseeing venue staff as required.
- Holding pre-event meetings and overseeing APEGA staff and volunteers working the event, so everyone is aware of their role and responsibilities.
- Overseeing, managing, and executing the set up and tear down; flow of event; tracking timing and troubleshooting any issues or problems with venue, volunteers and attendees to keep the event running.
- Documenting post-event information data including what went well and what needs improvement for all areas of the event.
- Scheduling debrief and completing invoicing and budget management.
- Tracking historical event statistics including attendee history, costing, survey results and summary of key findings.
- Assisting with the honours and awards committee to maintain award recognition timelines as required.
- Managing inventory to ensure items are available for events or department requirements. Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of industry best practices and standards including understanding of critical paths in event planning.
- Understanding of Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and venue contracts.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Knowledge of Cvent and/or ON24 would be an asset
- Time management, attention to detail and strong accuracy skills.
- Writing, editing and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to identify potential risks and ensure contingencies are in place.
- Ability to troubleshoot on site to ensure the event continues appropriately.
- Strong customer and client focus.
- Independent workstyle and can also work with a team for collaboration and guidance.
- Flexible with changing priorities and events overall.
- Comfortable dealing with various levels of stakeholders internally and externally. Qualifications
- Post-secondary diploma in related field
- 3-5 years of events coordination experience managing events including accommodation, catering, audio visual and onsite coordination.
- Knowledge of critical paths in event planning combined with some exposure to budgets is required.
- Experience must include high stake events in a business environment.
- Volunteer management experience is considered an asset.
- Overtime (some evenings and weekends) will be required for live events including travel to Edmonton and Calgary as required.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA's people and culture.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume directly through our company website (https://www.apega.ca/about-apega/apega-careers).
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.