Requisition ID: 188072
Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada's leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is, and we continue to evolve to tackle any opportunity and face every challenge through progressive technology and the power of collaboration.
Do you like new challenges? Are you ready to reach new heights in your career and become part of an established disruptor? If so, come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
What you will be doing:
As the Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for the ideation and development of Tangerine's social media always-on content strategy for both brand channels and our basketball partnerships channels.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Manage the monthly social content, copy, calendars and social brief creation
- Ensure social content calendar is up to date, and includes healthy balance of our social media pillars. This includes working closely with Content, Paid & Marketing teams to ensure alignment, developing creative content using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop) and putting all content through review processes, including translations
- Accountable for scheduling all content in Sprinklr & posting manually as needed, and using tools such as PostBeyond to schedule employee content
- Daily community management on all social media platforms; inclusive of Instagram, Threads, X, TikTok, LinkedIn and Facebook. Working closely with teams and external partners for medium to high severity situations and escalations
- Manage end-to-end strategic and integrated basketball campaigns for @TangerineHoops channels and pitch areas of opportunity
- Attend basketball home games, sponsorship activations and community events to gather content (photos/videos) for promotion on owned social channels
- Social media reporting through Sprinklr - weekly, monthly, quarterly on key topics and campaigns
- Plan, create and execute social media marketing initiatives; partner with cross-functional teams such as Corporate Communications, Content & Marketing teams on launches and announcements
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Minimum five years' relevant experience, including developing social media strategies and operating main social media accounts for a medium to large organization at a corporate company or agency
- Undergraduate or Graduate-level university degree in Communications, Business/Marketing or Journalism
- Excellent knowledge in: Influencer outreach, social media strategy, social community content, social community management and social media online paid advertising
- Ability to travel throughout Toronto & GTA for social content capture of company events and community activations
- Organized, digitally oriented, and platform agnostic, with a strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Threads, Twitter/X, TikTok and LinkedIn
- Understanding and working knowledge of industry standard tools - advanced social analytics, social listening, posting, etc. on platforms such as Sprinklr
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with very high attention to detail presentation skills and the ability to facilitate discussions
- Strong video development and digital design skills are a plus
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset
What's in it for you?
- You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team of Client-focused go-getters looking to learn from each other in an environment that celebrates and recognizes success!
- You will have access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can shape your career growth with the support from diverse industry leaders.
- You will get our help to save for your future and to invest in your total wellbeing through our Tangerine benefits*.
- You belong here, we are equal and un-complicated. Bring your true self to work, dress codes don't apply here.
- You will enjoy workspace flexibility and all the excitement that comes from working at the official Bank of the Toronto Raptors.
Tangerine employees participate in Scotiabank's pension & benefits programs (available to permanent employees)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto // Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.