Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Cornwall office is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Internal Administration team and own the following responsibilities:
- Attending to all customer inquiries, whether by phone or walk-in, in a timely and professional manner
- Receiving and routing calls, providing directory assistance and directing inquiries to proper departments or individuals
- Maintaining the front desk and reception area in an organized and professional manner
- Booking meeting and training rooms as requested
- Providing administrative support where needed to team such as letter preparation, invoicing, etc.
- Assist in all Covid related protocol and procedures.
- Assisting in set up of meeting rooms for training and various events
- Drafting of Facilities Communications i.e. Fire Testing Alarms, general building maintenance
- Ensure reception is opened/closed appropriately, ensure security requirements set each night and holidays
- Input database and processes I.e.: budget, invoices
- Various other duties as required
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspects of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration You understand your client
- 's industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Y our experience and education
- You have the ability to clearly and confidently communicate with others
- Bilingual (English and intermediate French)
- You have strong Microsoft Office skills for data entry and analysis You have at least 2+ years
- ' experience in a fast paced, customer driven environment, and have had experience in completing tasks simultaneously
- Office Administration diploma or similar education would be considered an asset
- You are well organized and have an eye for detail
- You are self-motivated to work independently and are a good team player If you have training and/or experience in office administration tasks would be considered an asset
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 . This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Diversity Equity and Inclusion Officer , we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us .
Flexibility: All BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and virtually unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Our model is a blended approach designed to support the flexible needs of our people, the firm and our clients. It's about creating work experiences that meet everyone's needs and providing flexibility to adjust when, where and how we work to meet the expectations of our role.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click "Apply now" to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .