Requisition ID: 179575
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: HR Solutions and Innovation
Travel Requirements : 0 - 10%
Job Type: Part-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia; Alberta; British Columbia; Ontario
City: Stellarton / Calgary / Vancouver / Mississauga
Location: King St. Office, Calgary Office, Tahoe Office, Vancouver Office
Postal Code: B0K 1S0
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a contract opportunity for an Specialist HR Programs. This role can be based out of one our main offices including: Stellarton, NS; Mississauga, ON; Calgary, AB; Vancouver, BC;
Here's where you'll be focusing:
As a Specialist HR Programs with Sobeys, you will:
- Lead and support all deliverables within the project lifecycle with a concentration on the successful research, execution, delivery and support of HR technology initiatives.
- Direct the identification of business processes and strategies by becoming knowledgeable and researching industry best practices and leading edge Human Resources technology.
- Direct the development of business and system requirements through detailed analysis and discovery work.
- Lead the deployment of new Human Resources technology - requirement elicitation, process mapping, training, communicating, testing, deployment support (coordinating rollout, training, and communication), and benefits realization.
- Work closely with our partners in IT to provide all system requirement translation and lead the high-level design of the solution.
What you have to offer:
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Undergraduate Degree in a related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience, i.e. project execution, technical design and support, business and process analysis, change management, HR or IT.
- Extensive experience gathering business requirements, business process reengineering, application testing, project management and/or software development.
- Thorough understanding of HR systems and business processes, in Ceridian Dayforce.
- Experience working in a retail environment is preferred.
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.