Req ID: 168164
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Central Zone, Bethune Building - QEII
Department : DOM Dept of Med Admin AFP
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: NSGEU Admin Professionals Position
Posting Closing Date: 21-Nov-23
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We're on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with a Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Medicine is a clinical academic department within Nova Scotia Health and Dalhousie University. Our mission is to improve health through education, research and the provision of clinical care. We strive to support research excellence and our researchers attract more than $16 million in research funding annually. More information about the Department can be found at dom.medicine.dal.ca
We are seeking a well-organized, self -directed individual with excellent communication skills for the position of Research Administrative Coordinator.
Reporting to the Department of Medicine's Administrator, the Research Administrative Coordinator performs numerous complex and confidential assignments, with key responsibilities including:
- Serves as an initial contact/resource person for the Research Director, reviewing all incoming correspondence and inquiries;
- Coordinates activities of the Department's Research Committee and Resident Research Committee;
- Works directly with researchers in the DOM to identify and facilitate researcher-specific funding opportunities;
- Reviews funding applications for completeness and facilitates departmental and institutional approval;
- Drafts and updates policy documents and research orientation documents as required;
- Liaises with the Nova Scotia Health Authority and Dalhousie University about various research administrative matters;
- Provides administrative support to DOM researchers as needed
- Coordinates annual funding competitions;
- Organizes productivity reviews of departmental researchers;
- Organizes research events;
- Organizes the recruitment process for PhD researchers joining the Department;
- Coordinates research excellence awards competitions.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma from a recognized university or college and 3-5 years' experience in an administrative role. An acceptable combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of a formal post-secondary qualification;
- A proven track record of superior organization and time management skills;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency using MS Office and Adobe;
- Minute taking experience required;
- Experience using Common CV software and experience in an academic healthcare facility and/or research administration would be assets;
- Shortlisted candidates must successfully complete a skill test before proceeding to interview.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
Permanent, Full-Time / 100% FTE / 75 Hours Bi-weekly
Compensation and Incentives
$27.02 - $31.68 Hourly
Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Admin Professionals bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate proof of primary series of COVID -19 vaccine at time of hire.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Foreign Nationals/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.