Job Number: 61730
Group: Cosma International
Division: Modatek Systems
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Working at Modatek
Modatek System is a division of Magna International; an automotive supplier with over 300 manufacturing facilities and over 80 product development, engineering, and sales centers in 29 countries. Magna is always growing in which, where we offer to all our employees work life balance, opportunities for growth with internal training, educational reimbursements, full Benefits as well profit gain sharing opportunities to all our full staff employees.
Modatek Systems specializes in manufacturing a range of body, Chassis and engineering solutions utilizing their robust product engineering, tooling capabilities and process expertise.
Benefits working with Modatek System is not only being apart of the Magna team, but it is the work life balance, able to work in a safe environment, RRSP Matching, Full Benefits, Weekly Pay, and much more!
- A great work experience with a diverse and dedicated workforce
- A strong focus on safety and health and wellness (fitness membership discounts, subsidized cafeteria, and year-round access to a private park)
- Four (5) paid personal days
- Seven (7) paid sick/emergency days
- Three (3) paid family emergency days
- Competitive extended health benefits
- Group RRSP matching program
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Team appreciation lunches and events
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Continuous Improvement and Development Culture
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for coding, testing and analyzing software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The Programmer will also analyze and amend software errors, and provide status reports where required.
- Manages all aspects of projects relating to systems development and improvements
- Handles day to day programming and the integration of internal applications
- Works closely with all internal groups and advises the best approach for application enhancements, upgrades, and integration
- Assists in the setting of development standards with respect to programming languages, application design sand programming procedures
- Helps train and support users on application changes and upgrades
- Manages project plans to ensure that development target dates are being met and that the internal customer is being kept informed of the status
- Provides support for all internal applications
- Follows and complies with all Operational Procedures and Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (ie. IATF 16949, ISO14001)
- Understands, promotes and lives by Magna's philosophies and Employee Charter
- Adheres to Modatek's core values; integrity, respect, trust, honesty, fairness and loyalty
- Performs other duties as required
- University degree, College diploma or equivalent training in Computer Science or Programming
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively using Object-Oriented development methodologies
- Ability to self-monitor progress
- Three (3) years experience building web based applications and multi-tier distributed business applications
- Three (3) years of hands-on experience with .NET Core, .NET Framework, VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET, Python, Transact-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server stored procedures
- Worked with version control systems such as GIT
- Experience with SharePoint Online, Power Automate, PowerApps and Infopath
- Knowledge creating PowerBI reports
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.