Req ID: 24215
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 11/21/2023
This role oversees customer service operations at a community centre, which includes part-time staff supervision, handling cash transactions, managing citywide program registrations, and administering City subsidy programs. Duties also include monitoring city wide general inbox, marketing efforts, data collection, and ensuring the smooth operation of the customer service desk. This role is guided by the strategic priorities of the Recreation Division, and requires effective communication and efficient administration of various City services. This is to serve both internal and external customers of the City of Mississauga, with a strong emphasis on customer service and operational efficiency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise part-time administrative staff in the customer service area
- Verify daily sales revenue reports, reconcile daily deposits, and prepare statistical/financial reports
- Oversee all financial transactions at the community centre front desk, including maintaining a balanced master float and deposit revenue
- Develop and implement cash handling policies
- Provide comprehensive training to frontline staff and monitor training through SuccessFactors audits
- Provide leadership within the planning and development of City initiatives, prepare staff agreements, and address performance issues with part-time direct reports
- Provide exceptional customer service experiences to all internal and external customers while maintaining established service levels with the Customer Service Centre and Paramount Fine Foods Centre - Guest Services.
- Responsible for providing functional guidance to the team and ensuring Customer Service Representatives (CSR) and front desk staff adhere to financial controls and policies
- Liaise with internal staff to resolve customer service issues.
- Oversee and manage CSC Subsidy programs
- Other duties required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post Secondary education in recreation and/or business leadership training, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of administrative experience, including supervisory or leadership roles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, SAP, and Registration Management System, with experience in cash handling and inventory control
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to establish effective working relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED certification (or willingness to obtain within 6 months of employment)
- Valid Ontario G Driver's License, and willingness to travel between City of Mississauga facilities
- Physical ability to lift supplies/materials up to 25 lbs, with the ability to work in a demanding office/community centre environment
Hourly Rate/Salary: $74,817-$99,758
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Paramount Fine Foods Centre - Fieldhouse
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation & Culture Division , Sport & Community Development
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.