As an Outside Sales Representative within the industrial end user market, you will be responsible for developing new prospects and interacting with assigned customers to increase sales and margin of the company's products and/or services. Your primary focus will be face-to-face selling and account management activities to meet sales revenue goals by assessing customer needs and suggesting appropriate products, services and/or solutions and ensure a smooth sales process. There will be a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. You will be expected to engage with all levels of the customers' organizations including technical, operations, supply chain and executive management. You may be required to develop and deliver sales bids, presentations, proposals and/or product demonstrations.
- Executes and expands assigned customer account plan(s) which is developed in conjunction with management.
- Executes on billing margin initiatives through value added services, marketing programs, and supplier engagement.
- Prospects potential customers, including cold calling and developing leads through referral channels.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
- Utilizes sales management tools for sales planning, supplier planning and documenting opportunities.
- Develops and grows product knowledge through WESCO and supplier training.
- Develops strong relationships with suppliers, including performing regular joint sales calls.
- Provides quotations directly or in conjunction with sales support team.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Prior sales experience required, outside sales preferred
- Two years of industry experience preferred
- Ability to travel to current and potential clients and suppliers
- Ability to work flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator both written and verbally
- Ability to work in team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques (Preferred)
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time
Working Environment: Outside Sales - Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities. Driving may be required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The expected salary range for this role is $ 72,000 - $93,800, this is the salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's compensation level within the range will be based on several factors, including but not limited to geographic location, experience, relevant education, qualifications, skills, organizational needs, and performance. This position may be eligible to participate in the company's incentive plan. Wesco provides a variety of benefits to employees, including medical, dental, company and employee sponsored DCPP, Paid Time Off and more.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Wesco") provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.