Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Jewellery & Industrial Metals
A wealth of applications. Umicore is an expert in developing products and processes based on precious metals such as gold, silver and platinum. These materials enable our customers to make fine jewellery, coins, high-purity glass and industrial catalysts. Umicore also enables the sustainable and responsible sourcing of these metals and provides closed-loop recycling for our customers. To make the most of these materials we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What You Will Be Doing
- Ensure all semi-finished product orders are delivered on time and on spec. Act as point person for investigation should any complaints or returns be received . This includes confirming mass balance of lots as per acceptable variation and that inventory control procedures are followed.
- Plan, recruit and develop personnel.
- Initiate and direct training/development activities necessary to ensure a competent workforce.
- Sustain employees' engagement/satisfaction.
- Provide strong leadership through communication and visibility in the plant.
- Coach managers and supervisors to reinforce good performances and correct poor performers.
- Contribute to achievement of facility-wide goals including EBIT, KPIs, and adherence to standard procedures . Introduce new / revised policies to staff and ensure they are followed at all times . This includes adhering to all EHS and ISO requirements and arranging for any required instruction / training . Commissioning / decommissioning equipment and ensuring all legal and company requirements are met.
- Ensure all personal equipment, health and safety and environmental rules are followed at all times .? Support the initiatives of the JHSC.? Ensure all equipment are operated in accordance with external certificates, regulations and guidelines.
- Prepare and ma nage expense budgets to provide necessary repairs, supplies and services to the production facility while maintaining a cost effective manufacturing operation.
- Standard management duties such as overseeing production processes, preparing capacity and production planning (metal and HR resources), KPI and other reports are needed, personnel management, inventory control, creation and execution of annual budgets, organizing equipment repair and preventive maintenance and supporting those executing all continuous improvement projects.?? The Umicore values / the IMS system must be followed at all times . As part of the leadership team, the incumbent is expected to carry out the vision of the company and support the accomplishment of organizational objectives .
- Manage Technical Services projects and recommends permanent resolutions to non-conformance internal and external production complaints.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Who We Are Looking For
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a metals manufacturing environment, of which at least 3 years were in an operations management position . Experience in an ISO environment, and past participation on joint health and safety committee is an asset .
- This position requires successful completion of courses in production management and inventory control.
- Minimum University Degree
- The position requires proven communication, organization and leadership skills .
- Experience in metallurgy and / or manufacturing methods, employee relations, inventory control and accounting skills are also required .
- Demonstrated good competence with computer applications such as excel, word, SAP, email systems, etc. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good English communication skills (written and spoken) .
What We Offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my expertise can help fulfill the precious metals needs of our customers , IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO
Interested Applicants Should Send Their Resume To
Please email your resume in MS Word or PDF format via Isarta