We believe that everyone has the right to a rewarding career with an organization that values and invests in your growth.
Are you looking for an energetic, high-performance culture that's truly one of a kind?
How would you like to work in a fun, high-performance culture that's truly one of a kind - on a team that appreciates your ideas, helps our members retire with confidence and makes Canada better, all at the same time?
If that sounds like your thing - and you're an outstanding Business Development Specialist - let's talk!
We're CAAT Pension Plan, and we're growing. We innovate defined benefit (DB) pension plans. What are they? Unlike other pension plans, they specifically define the lifetime benefits our members will receive in retirement. This means that once they retire, our members know exactly what they're getting every month- for life! As a socially conscious company, we're passionate about helping more Canadians retire with greater financial security and peace of mind.
This position is integral to the success of the Pension Solutions team, and to CAAT's guiding mission and growth strategy.
The Business Development Specialist is a consummate sales professional who is skilled in relationship development and evolving leads into joining CAAT to support the growth of a modern defined benefit pension plan. Reporting to the Director, Pension Solutions, this role will promote CAAT's value proposition by developing leading procedures, practices, and training to drive interest across all industries at various levels within organizations. The successful candidate assists in building robust reporting and key performance indicators on the sales process.
We are looking for someone with:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and industry experience.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in business development with experience in institutional sales.
- Pension or financial industry experience.
- Proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite (MS 365 is preferred).
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proficiency as a Subject matter expert in business development, sales strategies, and processes preferably with a pension background or within financial services.
- Highly developed relationship management, research, and influencing skills to build a sales interest to fostering B2B relationships and achieving B2B sales.
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills (includes building rapport through video presentations, as well as in person), with an emphasis on listening skills.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of employer interactions (Board, Committee, Employer Associations, Unions, and all levels of employees).
- Attributes of a self-starter who accepts ownership and accountability for results.
- Strong ability to project a positive outlook and demonstrate an energetic, driven disposition.
- A high degree of flexibility and is comfortable with ambiguity related to a rapidly evolving offering.
- Tact and diplomacy in all interactions.
- A good understanding of collective bargaining processes and sensitivities.
- A thorough understanding of internal policies and approval processes.
- Ability to build and maintain trust, likeability, and confidence.
Once here you will:
- Be responsible for developing and executing a business development program for prospective employers.
- Support business development activities for CAAT's market segmentation strategy from initial client communication, engagement, and needs assessments, ensuring their unique requirements are matched to CAAT solutions and their experiences are positive.
- Conduct research on CAAT's addressable market, executes targeted prospecting and outreach, leads, or facilitates (depending on size and importance of organization and who the employer is participating) initial meetings with employer representatives, and develops relationships of strategic value with prospective employers to support CAAT's growth strategy.
- Understand business initiatives and pain points within various industry sectors, industries, business lines and map back CAAT's value proposition based on their unique needs.
- Utilize strong communication, listening and customer relationship management skills to turn qualified leads and proactive outreach calls into growth in plan membership.
- Contribute to the creation of a strategic sales plan and pipeline, including strategies from the planning stage through to execution.
- Assist with the tools and process supports around the CRM software (Salesforce) related to supporting the overall business development strategy.
- Use subject matter expertise to support the Pension Solutions department in leading practices related to a robust sales experience, including researching, and actively seeking out new business, developing and maintaining key relationships with prospective groups, and turning prospects into participants and ultimately plan champions.
- Bring an analytical focus to business development based on leading and innovative practices and recommends improvements to the CRM tools to maximize the capabilities of the CRM.
- Implement business development reports related to key performance indicators.
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate meetings across all platforms (e.g., in person, and video conference).
- Attend employer networking events.
- Demonstrate supports, and promote the CAAT values of integrity, teamwork, and the pillars of our organizational culture, including respect and trust, energy and optimism, open communication, growth, and well-being.
What will CAAT offer you?
- Financial Wellness: We provide a defined benefit (DB) pension plan (no big surprise here!).
- Physical Wellness: We provide a very competitive and comprehensive extended health and dental benefits including life insurance.
- Mental Well-Being: We provide an array of wellness programs including extended mental health benefits. We also offer generous paid time off to promote rest and relaxation.
- On-site gym and shower facilities; meditation/prayer room and cool collaboration spaces including electronic sit/stand desks.
- Hybrid work arrangements for eligible employees and a collegial work environment.
- Opportunities to connect with senior leadership in a variety of informal settings for discussions, sharing, and mutual learning.
- We invest in our people and enthusiastically support your career development goals, regardless of your role, with access to tuition aid and learning opportunities like our ground-breaking CAAT Academy.
- We encourage you to learn more about us at www.caatpension.ca.
If you meet most of the criteria above, we would love to connect with you. Please, click onto ?APPLY? above to easily submit your candidacy or email your resume.
The success of our company is dependent on fostering a culture of embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. All employees are guided by our Mission, Values, and Code of Conduct.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer, and we will accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact Human Resources at 416-673-9000 for assistance.