*TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: please include a copy of your resume and a link to your portfolio or 3-4 pieces of your best work. Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered. A short cover letter is appreciated, but not required.*
Concorde Entertainment Group has an opportunity available for a Junior Graphic Designer to support venues by creating and managing the visual aspects of the company. Reporting to the Sr. Graphic Designer, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our venues and internal teams with all production design work. The successful candidate will be meticulous, and goal oriented with a keen eye for detail. The ability to manage your to-do list while pivoting a myriad of projects from print to digital will be the key to success in this role.
WHO WE ARE
Concorde Group entered Calgary's hospitality scene in 1987 with the opening of Republik, a college bar dedicated to alternative music fans and 36 years later has grown to become one of Canada's largest and most diverse hospitality companies. Now with 20+ establishments under its banner, each with its own unique vision, Concorde Group remains focused on bringing exceptional dining and entertainment experiences to Calgary.
- Competitive annual salary starting at $50,000-55,000 per year
- Opportunity for discretionary annual bonus.
- Paid leave for sick and bereavement
- Professional development financial support
- Comprehensive extended health and insurance benefits package after 90 days
- 2 weeks' vacation to start
- 25% Company-wide food & beverage discount & access to frequent local business discounts/specials
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Update and design collateral including, but not limited to, venue menus, business cards, gift cards, signage, and vouchers.
- Execute website changes through Squarespace to ensure all venue pages are kept current with menus, hours, and contact information.
- Update and design sales and marketing materials as required.
- Prepare layouts and graphic elements with an emphasis on thorough production standards and attention to detail.
- Understand each venue's brand guidelines and implement them to their requested collaterals.
- Coordinate with vendors, ensuring proper lines of communication are followed throughout project timelines. Understanding and communicating when timelines can be adjusted or if they must be rushed based on your knowledge and the needs of the situation.
- Coordinate printing with various national vendors, along with ensuring accurate pre-press standards are met.
- Source appropriate vendors for different tasks, ensuring to factor in cost, lead-time, and materials used.
- Manage timelines and communicate with stakeholders to ensure delivery of materials as required by venues and internal teams in an efficient manner.
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements, and content of communications materials.
- Manage day-to-day tasks and projects through project management tools.
- Support our core community events by executing production of digital and print materials.
- Procure and coordinate miscellaneous production and branded items required by venues.
- Act as a liaison with venue managers, internal department heads, and various stakeholders as required.
- Other Ad-Hoc duties as required.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Have a degree or diploma in Graphic Design/Communication Design.
- 1-2+ years of proven production design experience or a diverse portfolio proving your skills.
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; primarily Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign is required. Experience using XD and After Effects is an asset, but not required.
- Experience using Squarespace and MailChimp is a major asset.
- Experience working within the lines of established brand guidelines and ensuring consistency across various marketing collateral is a strong asset.
- Experience working with and maintaining tasks on project management platforms.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with multiple teams.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision and can manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Well organized with a keen eye for detail and the ability to identify, analyze and solve technical and theoretical problems.
- Advanced writing and grammatical proficiency.
- A passion for the hospitality industry and working with multiple brands is a must.