Requisition ID: 187295
Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada's leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is and we continue to evolve on what it can be, using technology to create innovative, forward thinking banking solutions with our clients' needs in mind. We are made up of high performing, curious, energetic and collaborative individuals who thrive in our high trust agile environment to deliver best in class solutions for our customers. We believe in giving people hands-on challenges and the responsibilities that come with them, allowing them to grow, evolve and create opportunities to build their career. Are you ready to make the change and become part of an established disruptor with the backing of a highly engaged team? If so come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
Senior Software Developer
As a Senior Developer, you will be joining one of our teams, expanding our banking platform. You will be contributing to the development of world-class digital products and experiences touching millions of Tangerine customers every day. We are looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers and the banking industry.
Is this role right for you?
- You dream in code and spend your free time tinkering with new technologies or building apps on the side
- Interested in the impact that financial services technology can have on people's everyday lives
- Experienced in user-centered design
- Eager to mentor, teach and share
- Continuous integration and deployment makes you giddy
- Knowledge of the latest and greatest approaches to Agile Technical Practices You enjoy collaborating and working alongside people with different skillsets.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- University Degree - Computer Science, Engineering or related tech field.
- You have 5 years or more of software development experience (conceptualization, design, development and debugging) with two years in a senior developer role:
- Java, J2EE, Spring Boot (Micro Services), Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Angular 2+,Java Script, Junit, HTML, XSL, XML
- Competent in design patterns, MVVM, MVC, Clean Architecture
- Cloud development
- You have experience with unit-testing, code for robustness, usability and improving application performance
- Solid understanding of developing large-scale software applications, considering security and scalability requirements
- You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- You are familiar with CICD and DevOps best practices
- You have knowledge on Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong command in Computer Science concepts (SOLID, etc.)
- Experience in integrating Third Party libraries and SDKs
- Experience building applications that consume web services and HTTP REST interaction with JSON
- Strong problem solving abilities
- You're passionate about well-designed products and not afraid to sit with our Design Team to prototype, wireframe, and white-board your ideas
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave, medical, vision and dental benefits and much more
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.