- Provides administrative and secretarial support to the online and in-person services of the LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) program.
- Handles student and employer inquiries in person, on the telephone, via email, social media, virtual meetings and other online tools regarding COSTI's programs and services.
- Verifies, compiles, corrects and types statistical reports.
- Keeps track of program's expenses, completes center purchases, completes financial claims and payment requests, maintains income and expenses tracking system, manages petty cash, and provides regular updates to the program manager on program finances.
- Coordinates with other office assistant staff to ensure all program administrative duties are completed as required by funders and program manager.
- Prepares and types letters, documents and certificates required in the operation of the program.
- Creates, organizes and maintains operational files online and in hard copies where needed.
- Liaises with assessment centres for client intake assessment and placement.
- Communicates with Welcome Centre and community partners for client referrals.
- Responsible for client registration and completes new client registration on COSTI's CIS.
- Supports staff's access to system applications, digital platforms and equipment, virtual conferencing tools and Learning Management System.
- Supports new client's access to virtual conferencing tools and prepares clients for attendance in virtual classes.
- Contacts and updates supply instructors' information and availability.
- Collects and inputs client data into iCARE, HARTs, COSTI's CIS and Welcome Centre systems.
- Creates, maintains and close courses on iCARE, HARTS and CIS systems.
- Prepares materials for program outreach via multiple media including web postings and social media. Reviews and updates program information on the web.
- Orders office supplies as required.
- Screens students for bus ticket eligibility and manages bus ticket distribution and tracking.
- Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies.
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
- Assists with reception duties at the Welcome Centre as required.
- Ability to work in-person at all COSTI locations, as well as remotely and independently using the phone, computer and internet.
- Ability to work during the day and occasionally in the evenings and weekends when needed.
- Experience using virtual meeting tools such as MS Teams and Zoom.
- Knowledge of Google Drive, Google Classroom and other digital equipment such as projectors, digital whiteboards and meeting tools.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet and email.
- High school graduation or equivalent and 1-year office experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential.
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers.
- Knowledge of CIS, HARTs or iCARE.
- Ability to speak Mandarin would be an asset.
Duration of Position:
December 1, 2023
Starting Salary Range:
$46,952 to $49,280 per annum
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting reference #234-23 to: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=234-23 **The above-listed position is subject to layoff for 7 weeks during program closure in summer.