AccessHR is pleased to partner with TransCanada Turbines for the recruitment of their Senior Manager, Human Resources. This position is the most senior Human Resources position in the company and reports directly to the President.
ABOUT TRANSCANADA TURBINES
TransCanada Turbines (TCT) is an overhaul, repair, and maintenance service provider for aeroderivative industrial gas turbines, serving an international client base. TCT is headquartered in Airdrie and operates an overhaul depot in Airdrie, a testing facility in Calgary, a component repair facility near Balzac, and four field service offices located around the world.
TCT is a private company, wholly owned by TC Energy. This is a mature and sophisticated business held to a gold standard on compliance. A key competitive differentiator is that we provide best-in-class service through a caring culture and dynamic people with diverse backgrounds. We work with our customers to provide the best solutions to meet their needs.
The Senior Manager, Human Resources reports directly to the President and leads a 7-person team including human resources, payroll, and office administration. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader who will work closely with a 5-person Executive Leadership Team, an 11-person Senior Leadership Team, and a global organization with ~300 employees. The majority of the ELT and SLT have been with the organization for 20+ years.
You will lead the Human Resources function including executive and management reporting, performance management, recruiting, onboarding, off-boarding, immigration, training, and payroll & benefits.
Ultimately, we are seeking an approachable, ethical, and respectful leader who listens carefully and takes an inquiry-based approach. This is not an organization that values fiefdoms. We value old-fashioned teamwork and respectful collaboration where organizational success, and individual development are the main measuring sticks.
- Leadership: Lead a small, dynamic team of Human Resources, Payroll, and Administration professionals.
- Strategic Initiatives: Work with ELT to ensure consistency and effectiveness of HR initiatives, policies, and procedures; be the conduit to the ELT for all HR-related issues.
- Talent Acquisition: Lead organization-wide hiring processes based on best practices; oversee recruitment, engagement, and retention including working with leaders to identify needs and source potential candidates, including international hires.
- Compensation: Continue compensation program review that aligns with organizational objectives and links performance to discretionary pay and health & safety.
- Total Rewards: Manage total rewards programs including benefits, vacation, and leaves of absence including STD and LTD.
- Performance Management: Evolve and monitor performance management plan; work with leaders to set KPI's and train leaders on processes including timelines.
- Employee Relations: Coach and support leaders in all aspects of employee relations and employment standards.
- Learning & Development: Develop and implement learning and development initiatives consistent with organizational objectives.
- Integrity: A commitment to make decisions with a focus on team member well-being and long-term growth; follows through on promises and builds solid, trusted relationships.
- Active Listener: Asks ?tell me more? and ?help me understand? questions to build full comprehension before offering solutions.
- Knowledge Sharing: Freely shares information and guidance with direct reports, peers, and senior leaders.
- Courage: Ability to have difficult conversations, deal with conflict, make tough decisions, and hold people accountable.
- Communications: Exceptional communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to executives in a clear, compelling manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field or equivalent experience.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) or international equivalent designation.
- 15+ years' progressive human resources experience, preferably some experience in a small team environment.
- 5+ years' experience in a leadership role.
- International experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation plan including bonus and LTIP.
- Comprehensive benefits plan, generous vacation, and RRSP contributions from day #1.
- Free parking.
- Initial requirement is for 5 days/week in office in order to integrate into the organization and get to know the team; opportunity to move to hybrid post initial period.
Interested candidates are invited to apply with a cover letter and resume by email to Via Isarta. Please indicate ?Senior Manager, Human Resources? in the subject line of your email. The position posting will close at 6:00 pm on November 22nd, 2023.
All applicants will receive a personalized response and candidates under consideration will be contacted directly. Please be advised that applications will be monitored daily, and interviews may be scheduled throughout the posting period.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply as TransCanada Turbines is committed to offering a diverse and safe workspace free from discrimination. All applicants are considered regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and religious beliefs.