At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Reporting to the Director, National Marketing & Communications (NMC) Strategy & Operations, the Manager of Strategy & Special Projects will work collaboratively with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) team and NMC teams to enable the execution of successful project delivery against the NMC annual business plan through effective project and change management principles. This role will work closely with the NMC operations team to drive projects that support:
- NMC strategic priorities
- The evolution of NMC's infrastructure
- Efficient and effective delivery of our services to the business
- Innovation around people, services and processes What you will do:
Project Management & Operations (60%)
- Drives successful implementation of strategic and operational NMC infrastructure projects to support our annual priorities, through project management, taking accountability and rolling up your sleeves
- Works collaboratively with the CMO team, NMC Directors and other NMC team members to plan and implement solutions.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders - both within NMC and other BES functions - to take ownership of delivering against key milestones and goals to identify short, medium and long-term desired outcomes
- Identifying, prioritizing, and re-prioritizing the required work effort to continually advance strategic priorities & projects to meet our objectives while considering how NMC effectively and efficiently supports the business
- Drives operational excellence and knowledge-sharing across NMC to foster a collaborative team culture.
- Meets regularly with the CMO and NMC teams to ensure we are advancing at the right pace
- Supports the CMO & Director, Strategy & Operations in the annual business planning process
- Supports the Director, Strategy and Operations to prepare status reports and analytics of ongoing operations, projects and priorities
- Develops internal dashboards, benchmarks and scorecards to track progress, status of action items and risks of strategic initiatives. Prepares and maintains documents aligned with NMC mandate, initiatives and priorities.
- Manages the cadence and execution of NMC Directors' meetings and other CMO portfolio meetings, including preparation of agenda, meeting materials and pre-work and helping to facilitate, scribe and track of actions/outcomes. Works with the team to ensure action items are executed upon and integrated into day-to-day operations, where applicable.
- Executes on key special projects that support the mandate of the CMO, as assigned.
Team Support (30%)
- Helps to maintain the environment and culture to sustain our high-performing and highly engaged team
- Supports the CMO team in the planning and execution of people priorities, including learning and development sessions, coaching programs, and others, as needed
- Works with the CMO team to plan and execute meaningful team connections, including communications and regular events (i.e., monthly community call) through agenda ownership and content development.
Relationship Building (10%)
- Builds strong relationships throughout NMC, including Directors, to understand how NMC supports the business to realize revenue growth
- Collaborates regularly with the CMO team to deliver excellence
- Champions NMC's projects and priorities within NMC and with internal clients, NMC Directors, Clients & Markets team and AMDs to ensure all elements of Marketing and Communications are being utilized. What you bring to this role:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business unit administration, project management or operations role
- Marketing experience or education is an asset, but not a requirement
- Brag-worthy project management and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral & written
- Enthusiasm to live KPMG's values in your everyday work
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- Interest or background in business unit operations - HR, finance, reporting
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel analysis and PowerPoint storytelling
- Critical and analytic thinking, combined with a growth mindset
- Excellent people, communication, relationship building and time management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A detail-oriented approach combined with an ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to resolve conflict and work under pressure
- A proven aptitude for initiative and innovation, with curiosity to match
- A positive approach to change with an ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, quick learner.
- Highly motivated with a proven aptitude to wear multiple hats , strong prioritization and re-prioritization skills
- Sense of humour an asset!
This position requires written and oral fluency in English. The successful candidate may be required to support or collaborate with English-speaking colleagues or stakeholders while at KPMG. The successful candidate may be required to create, interpret and/or apply policies, practices, laws and and/or regulations during the regular course of their employment.
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact / Seek Growth / Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here.
This is a remote/hybrid position. #li-remoteOur Values, The KPMG Way:
Integrity, we do what is right / Excellence, we never stop learning and improving / Courage, we think and act boldly / Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences / For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.