Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what's possible, to improve people's lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Software Developer - Site Reliability
As a software development professional, you will play a key role in helping the team deliver software through tooling and automation and work with modern development technologies such as .NET Core, Java, TypeScript, Azure Services, Bash/PowerShell, RESTful web services, and more!
- You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our CI/CD pipelines.
- Work on solutions to automate and improve development and release workflows.
- Support maximum uptime of cloud-hosted environments, including production, staging, and development environments.
- Improve solution reliability and availability.
- Debug issues across services, environments, and multiple levels of the stack.
- You will be responsible for supporting software using the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform including services such as Azure Kubernetes, Azure DevOps, Azure Key Vault, etc.
- Participate in an agile development environment and be part of sprints, work estimates, backlog grooming, and prioritization of features working towards releases.
- Participate in release activities, verification, and support defects in the field and during release.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Self-motivated individuals who can operate effectively with minimal guidance and can collaborate with other team members on-site and worldwide.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Welcome feedback and constructive criticism.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development and continued learning.
- Are passionate about software development, continuous improvement, and automation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- At least 1+ years professional software development or developer operations experience
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines setup and automation.
- Awareness of industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practices.
- 3+ years professional software development or developer operations experience
- Understanding of cloud-based software development and microservice architecture.
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, and other container-related technologies
- Experience in one or all of .NET Core, Java, Azure DevOps, RESTful APIs, Scripting (Bash, PowerShell), Infrastructure as code, Azure App Insights, Dynatrace
- Located in Winnipeg, Canada
Varian is required to comply with all local and applicable regulations that may be associated with vaccine requirements for certain roles.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.