Come join the Developer Success & Reliability Engineering organization as a Senior Back End Developer. Developers are the lifeblood of any software company and, in this role, you'll have the opportunity to provide solutions and recommend technologies that positively impacts developer productivity. More productivity means that more products can be created which Powers Prosperity Around the World!
You'll be part of a team developing innovative solutions which solve the problems that slow Intuit developers from creating value for our customers. Our services are critical for Intuit's growth. But it's not just about the challenge in developing fantastic services, it's also about being on great teams working hard and having fun in delivering them. We consider our people as the most important asset - we take the growth of our engineers seriously.
The ideal candidate will have a broad skill set which includes a strong understanding of modern cloud based services and infrastructure offered by AWS and GCP, but also have a background in software engineering technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, GoLang, Python, and Java. If you enjoy the challenge of being both deep in infrastructure technology and writing software, this is the perfect role for you!
What you'll bring
- 5-8+ years experience designing and developing web, software, or mobile applications.
- Strong expertise in modern cloud infrastructure technologies, such as Serverless, CDK, Terraform.
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader.
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- 3+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST, SOAP or GraphGL.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process.
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Business Acumen - strategic thinking & strategy development.
- Self-starter " attitude, able to work autonomously and have the ability to make decisions independently.
- Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a history of superb delivery against assigned tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding team and cross-team partnership skills
How you will lead
- Understand and identify customer problems and scenarios that are blocking them from leveraging Intuit core technology capabilities, then developing a solution that can be used for the customer as well as preventing the problem from recurring.
- Be the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems.
- Successful delivery of high quality software, including requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.
- Roughly 60-80 hands-on coding.
- Contribute to early software quality activities, including peer reviews of project designs, workload estimates, and technical code reviews.
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver commitments.
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, various internal technology product lines, or business units to drive and deliver results.
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers