Administrative Assistant - Full Time - Edmonton, AB
You'll feel great about a career with March of Dimes Canada
At March of Dimes Canada, our collective work matters. As a leading national charity backed by a history of more than 70 years of impact, we're dedicated to being Canada's leading service provider, resource, and advocate, empowering people with disabilities to live and thrive in communities nationwide. You'll be joining a team made up of more than 2,000 professionals that's dedicated to solving big challenges and creating real change for people with disabilities in communities across our country. They're at the center of all we do, and we make a real difference in their lives every day. It matters to us because the need is urgent ? and it's growing.
More than six million people with disabilities in Canada experience challenges like poverty, discrimination, indignity, and isolation. These are the barriers that you'll help tear down. Together, with your vital contributions, we'll keep moving the dial on the challenges people with disabilities face. Our work is deep and wide ? and you'll always find it deeply rewarding ? which is why we pull together to make change happen. Our collective efforts are rooted in our Purpose, Vision, and Mission, which inform how we drive all our work forward:
- Purpose: Champion equity. Empower ability.
- Vision: An inclusive, barrier-free society for people with disabilities.
- Mission: To be Canada's leading service provider, resource, and advocate, empowering people with disabilities to live and thrive in communities nationwide.
Whether starting or advancing your career with us, you'll feel great knowing that you're:
- Contributing to our important mission: creating real change for people with disabilities
- Joining a leading national charity with a history of impact and a future full of possibility
- Enjoying industry-leading employment incentives and benefits
- Supported in your professional growth, development, and success
- Included in our empathetic and supportive work culture
Learn more about why we're a great employer at marchofdimes.ca/careers.
Roles and responsibilities
We are currently looking to fill a full-time, permanent Administrative Assistant role in our Edmonton, Alberta Region.
Duties include the following:
- Performing a wide variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: responding to internal and external requests for information; processing capital/regular requisitions and purchase orders;
- Providing scheduling support for a 24/7 supported living program;
- Responsible for managing files in a case management system, and processing invoices
- Maintaining, and organizing inventory of assorted items
- Purchasing and distributing program supplies as required
- Enter and manipulate data on CRM, ERP, Excel, Quatro spreadsheets as required.
- Responsible for answering the telephone, directing calls and messages
- Providing HR administrative support including the processing and administering for new and/or departing employees
- Creating and/or drafting memoranda, correspondence, reports, agreements, presentations, formsand other documents using Microsoft Office and Adobe software products
- Establishing, organizing and maintaining confidential office filing systems
- Performing special project assignments as directed; assisting and providing backup to other administrative staff in the organization
- Other duties as required by supervisor
Qualifications and experience
- Valid class 5 drivers license and access to a vehicle
- Minimum grade 12; A degree or diploma in a related field is considered an asset
- Minimum 1 year of related administrative support experience in a high-volume, large company environment
- Knowledge of accounts payable and fiscal management
- Experience establishing and maintaining highly effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Strong attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality while managing highly sensitive material with the utmost professionalism
- Self-motivated, a team player, skilled at multi-tasking and independently managing and prioritizing multiple projects with limited guidance and ambiguity
- Flexibility, ability to operate effectively and with composure under pressure and within time constraints
- Skilled in verbal and written correspondence
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the
- Experience using a case management (CRM) system is an asset
- Proven experience creating and managing complex spreadsheets and templates
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application and resume to
Matthew Kay at Via Isarta
by November 20, 2023.
- This is a fully remote role; home office required
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Please note that March of Dimes Canada has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by receiving all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to the commencement of their employment, or as otherwise recommended by public health authorities. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or on the basis of any other protected ground, as required under applicable human rights legislation.
Need accommodations? We're here to help!
MODC is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds and abilities.?In accordance with accessibility and human rights legislation across Canada, MODC will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities and other protected needs. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable, accessible, and barrier-free.
Our Reconciliation, Equity, Accessibility, Diversity, and Inclusion (READI) approach
MODC is dedicated to building and advancing an inclusive and welcoming culture. It's also why we're focused on attracting, retaining, and supporting diverse people. Thanks to our progressive practices, team members of all abilities and backgrounds are encouraged to access the opportunities and supports they need to grow, thrive, and succeed. Our READI approach is rooted in our shared belief that championing equity and empowering ability starts by investing in our team members? and in our shared culture ? so that we all feel included, safe, and confident at work every single day.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $21.90 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
- Mandarin (preferred)
Work Location: In person