We are currently seeking a Local Marketing & Community Investment Manager to join our team.
Under the framework of the local marketing and community investment strategy, the Local Marketing & Community Investment Manager develops and executes the annual local marketing and community investment plan for one of First West Credit Union's local brands. This role is strongly supported by other local marketing and community investment team members as well as other team members of marketing and communications. The Local Marketing & Community Investment Manager is a member of the local brand's senior leadership team and advises and reports on key marketing and community investment goals and strategies. Overall, the role is responsible for ensuring the successful launch and sustainment of programs and promotions related to the local market, including community events, marketing campaigns, corporate sponsorship planning and activation, locally targeted promotions, as well as the localization of engaging content. This includes tailoring First West programs to leverage local consumer opportunities and insights where appropriate.
Here's what would be included as a part of your typical day
- Local Marketing & Community Investment Planning and Execution : Under the framework of the local marketing and community investment strategy, develops and executes the annual local marketing and community investment plan for one of First West Credit Union's local brands. This plan is created and activated in concert with the overall goals, strategy and plans for enterprise marketing, brand strategy, campaign plans as well as overall community investment themes. Works closely with other First West marketing, communication and community investment team members and divisional retail, business, or wealth departments to develop local/member-focused programs and communications. Responsible for budget management accordingly.
- Local Marketing Performance and Intelligence: As part of local marketing and community investment planning, and in conjunction with First West-wide marketing, is responsible for creating, monitoring and reporting on key local metrics and KPIs. Raises issues and facilitates the development of solutions as needed. Develops a deep understanding of the local market and collaborates with the Strategy/Enterprise Intelligence team to facilitate local market intelligence
- Local Brand Senior Leadership Guidance and Support: As part of a local brand's senior leadership team, the Local Marketing & Community Investment Manager provides advice, guidance, and transparent metrics to the leadership team. This role acts as the key representative of marketing, communications and community investment, not only leading local marketing and community investments but representing overall First West-wide marketing, First West brand, etc.
- Localization and Local Marketing Support: Based on a deep understanding of the local market, translates First West-wide initiatives into local activation including the localization, and sometimes production, of local content. Provides marketing support to local branches and LOB leads as required. Provides communication advice and support for local branch leadership and branch teams.
- Cross-brand Collaboration: Collaborates with other local marketing and community investment team members to ensure alignment across the local brands and to exchange new ideas.
- Sponsorship Activation : Leads the planning and execution of local sponsorship activation. This may include liaising with sponsorship vendors, suppliers and internal stakeholders and coordinating volunteers as needed; and is responsible for managing the local marketing sponsorship activation budget.
- Community Investment : Develops the local community investment plan in alignment with overall goals and themes. Leads the implementation of local community investment initiatives; proactively builds relationships with community partners and participates in the negotiation process as required.
- Vendor Relationships : When required, works with external vendors, suppliers to execute on marketing or community investment initiatives; builds relationships with vendors; negotiates contracts as required oversees the vendor relationship for premium inventory; and develops regional merchandising approach as needed.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Diploma in Business, Marketing, or Communications required
- 4 years' experience in or equivalent marketing or community investment roles
- Experience with community investment/non-profit portfolio and event management preferred
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that often requires multi-tasking and flexibility managing a diverse portfolio of projects and tasks
- A natural ability to build positive, productive relationships with team members and management, and a natural curiosity and positive, solution-focused, problem-solving attitude that can take feedback well and respond to stakeholders' needs
- Demonstrated ability to create annual plans and manage budgets, source and manage strategic partnerships in the community
- Working knowledge of digital content development and social media, including post boosting and advertising, media buying and media strategy, as well as a keen interest in measurement
- Ability to effectively write both marketing and communications related copy
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking, problem solve and work effectively with little instruction to provide value to colleagues and management
- Knowledge of all phases of consumer promotions¾ideation, conception, development, and commercialization
- Must have excellent communication skills including public speaking, internal communications to support program execution, as well as Relationship building with key community stakeholders
- Event and project management skills
- Strong initiative and results orientation
- Effective influencing, presentation, problem solving, decision-making, and organizational skills
- Collaboration and consultative approach
- Strong data and research skills
- Displays an understanding of risk and risk ownership by being able to demonstrate adherence to policies and procedures.
Salary Range: $62,640 - $80,300
Please note, the salary range mentioned in this job posting should serve as a guide. The final compensation offered may vary based on a variety of factors including bonuses and/or incentives, or a candidate's skills and experience. First West is committed to providing a fair, equitable, and competitive rewards package that reflects the value an individual brings to our organization.