Do you want to be part of our successful business, supporting the marketing and communications function for Turner & Townsend in Canada? We are looking for a talented Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team who is turning our growth momentum into brand awareness.
Turner & Townsend is an independent professional services company specializing in project management and consulting across the real estate, infrastructure, and natural resources sectors, with 112 offices in 45 countries. We are industry leaders focused on delivering advanced construction planning solutions, better business outcomes, and enhanced customer experiences to the world's largest and most notable projects. Advising a prestigious roster of clients across infrastructure, energy, natural resources, and real estate, we aim high and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We build projects that increase economic and social mobility, enable new technology and innovation, and improve the quality of life in the communities where we live and work. We're passionate about making the difference. It could be the hospital they work in, the railway they travel on every day, the energy that powers their car, and the data center they depend on to send an e-mail we offer the power to move you forward in unexpected, exciting ways!
That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a safer and more prosperous society. Our team is dynamic, innovative and client focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity, and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
This goes beyond ?simply' commercial and technical delivery. Our goal is for everyone involved in a project?clients, suppliers, local people, and our own teams?to come away having had inspiring experiences. We love what we do, who we work with and are committed to building a better tomorrow. We are an adaptive and innovative organization, committed to leveraging the full potential of our people. We lead a culture that celebrates and enables individual difference in all its forms and strive to ensure our values permeate everything we do.
You are an experienced Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing and Communications Manager will support the Canada business and the Business Generation and Marketing Lead, Canada in helping to drive growth through market positioning and brand enhancement.
The role requires an intelligent, self-motivated, and creative marketing and communications professional. This individual will have the ability to work in a fast-paced organization and have a track record of successfully implementing integrated marketing campaigns across internal and external channels. This role will support the Business Generation and Marketing Lead, Canada in amplifying our voice to the market and will play an important role in developing and managing regional sponsorships, marketing campaigns and multi-channel communications plans, ensuring that key objectives are prioritized for impact.
The successful candidate will manage activity including internal communications, digital and social media, marketing collateral, award submissions, corporate sponsorships and events and associated profile-raising activities within the global business generation function.
Responsibilities to include, but not be limited to, the following:
Working closely with North American Internal Communications Lead to manage internal communications calendar, drive, and measure engagement across internal channels and govern best practices for the Canada business.
- Draft communication materials for internal purposes, to comprise of newsletters, email updates, reports and trackers etc.
- Oversee third party relationship with translation service and ensure French language compliance on all Canada internal communications.
External Communications, Media and Digital:
Liaise with Business Generation and Marketing Lead, Canada to deploy integrated marketing strategies including paid advertising, social media, media outreach, client engagement and events, collateral, and other profile-raising initiatives, as determined.
- Support the Canada business as local LinkedIn champion with best practices, copywriting, digital media, and market intelligence as required.
Support the development of Turner & Townsend corporate publications for distribution to existing and targeted clients and partners.
- Administer and coordinate Company publications, (including but not limited to; design, content, copy writing, imagery, quotations, proof reading and approvals, printing, and distribution) liaising with internal and external parties, as required.
Events / Sponsorships:
Oversee local conference, membership, and sponsorship activity for the Canada business to maximize promotion and ensure/measure ROI.
- Seek and explore new opportunities and platforms to raise the Company's presence, build and maintain a calendar of event presence that aligns with business priorities. And execute with support from broader Business Generation team.
This individual must:
- Think strategically, communicate clearly and be able to work collaboratively with stakeholders to help formulate a viewpoint on complex issues, creating concise and well-written narratives.
- Contribute to the greater North American marketing and communications strategy to ensure alignment and broad regional impact.
Education and Experience
- Degree and/or 5-7+ years qualification in marketing and communications is preferred. (Level of experience of similar and candidate aptitude is, however, more important.)
- Bilingualism an asset, but not required.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Proven experience in an integrated marketing and communications function.
- Agile and able to operate in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong copywriting skills and ability to identify and shape key messages.
- Communicates credibly and effectively.
- Has strong attention to detail and believes accuracy to be important.
- Customer-centric in approach.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.