Caledon Public Library is a hub for discovery, innovation and inspiration. We nurture connections, collaboration and creativity and are situated within a dynamic municipality that successfully balances urban, rural and agricultural communities. With seven branches that serve as the cornerstones to the community, connecting people to information and each other is what we do!
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic individual with a strong background in fundraising and marketing along with public library experience to be a part of our team.
Reporting directly to the Director, Corporate Services and Projects, this role is responsible for providing leadership to advance the strategic communications and fundraising initiatives of the Library. The position is responsible for internal and external communications; media relations; fundraising and executive-level strategic counsel and support. The Manager, Communications and Community Development will demonstrate political acuity and an understanding of the legislative role of libraries in municipal government as well as the changing needs of a rapidly growing community.
As the Manager, Communications and Community Development, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Manage and oversee all communication from the Caledon Public Library. This includes media relations, crisis management, graphic outputs including content management for electronic and print communications including website content, media responses, social media, and print marketing material.
- Manage the planning, delivery and evaluation of special events system wide.
- Manage staff assigned to perform work and activities including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring as well as provide input to the career development of assigned staff. Ensure the team is adequately resourced and performing effectively by monitoring outputs.
- Develop and deliver a communication strategy that includes goals, budget, and tactics for internal and external stakeholders. Establish measures for tracking the success of this strategy and identify areas of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for corporate communications standards and training, corporate graphic standards, and brand management.
- Assist the Director Corporate Services & Projects and the CEO/Chief Librarian in identifying external grant opportunities, fundraising goals and sponsorship initiatives.
- Initiate compelling grant applications/proposals in support of library services and strategic directions or initiatives.
- Develop relationships with the business community, service clubs or other organizations as a means of encouraging sponsorship of Library events, programs and services, ensuring that resulting agreements are formalized in alignment with relevant guidelines and policies.
- Develop and address opportunities for strategic partnerships with community groups and stakeholders.
- Identify trends and demographics and develop and manage system-wide cultural initiatives to ensure they support the library's strategic directions and are responsive to community needs.
- Manage and maintain the Library's Artful Caledon platform, forging relationships with local authors, artists and creators.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a professional with a post-secondary diploma, degree or post-graduate certificate in Communications Marketing, Public Relations, Business, Fund Development or equivalent combination of education and experience. Our ideal candidate has five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a strategic communications role and three (3) years within a supervisory role, preferably in a public library setting. Designation as a Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) is an asset.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to lead the development of strategic communications functions including issues management, crisis management, public relations, media relations, fundraising etc. We are seeking an individual with superior communication planning skills, a demonstrated ability to make decisions involving multiple routine tasks, and excellent project management, leadership, and team-building skills.
The successful candidate for Manager, Communications and Community Development will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
This position offers a salary range of $93,831.26 - $114,990.67 plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.
Attachments1055 - Manager, Communicatons and Community Development.pdf