At BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. we are committed to excellence in every business initiative. BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada (BWXT NEC) has achieved an enviable international reputation for excellence in the supply of nuclear fuel and fuel handling systems and service for CANDU reactors in both domestic and international markets. Our success is the result of our commitment to our employees, customers, quality & EHS initiatives.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager, Community Relations and Site Communication for our facility in Peterborough, ON or Toronto, ON.
The Manager, Community Relations and Site Communications will be an experienced leader with excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills, as well as an ability to foster positive relationships with individuals and organizations/business units both within, and outside of, BWXT. This position will oversee, develop and implement the community relations strategy across all BWXT Commercial Operations sites, drive the Public Information Disclosure Program for BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada sites (Toronto, Peterborough and Arnprior); create targeted community public education campaigns; and manage the execution of events and tours. The Manager will also be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of site communications across BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada. This position will be based in Peterborough or Toronto.
Check out the YouTube video of an innovative product we recently designed and manufactured in partnership with Bruce Power, called the Bruce Reactor Inspection and Maintenance System Channel Access Device. Go to YouTube and search for video: Bruce Unveils new BRIMS Tool . There are exceptional opportunities to learn and grow with a career in the nuclear industry in Ontario.
The Peterborough community invites you to take a deep breath, relax and enjoy life. We have an abundance of recreational opportunities, festivals, and entertainment that is fueled by culture, nature and homegrown culinary experiences. Friendly people, inspiring landscapes and incredible lakes are waiting for you in the heart of cottage country. The region is home to 140,000 people (approx. 83,000 in the City of Peterborough) in addition to the charming towns, townships and villages that make up the County. We offer the best of all worlds here and we'd like you to get to know us a bit better. http://peterboroughed.ca/why-peterborough/live/
Develop strategic community relations plans aimed at establishing and building positive relationships with communities.
- Manage the implementation of community outreach programs and coordinate community events, such as information sessions and webinars.
- Manage the development of key messages, information graphics, FAQ, pamphlets and other tools for the public.
- Oversee the development and distribution of communications, including newsletters and social media, targeting the community.
- Attend relevant events and activities to represent the company and build strong relationships with key community members.
- Serve as a point of contact for neighboring businesses, institutions, and communities.
- Respond to inquiries from community members and other parties and recruit knowledgeable information sources for assistance, when needed.
- Oversee planning and logistics for customer/elected official/media events/facility tours, meetings and community events. This includes the booking of facilities/rooms, rental equipment, catering, scheduling, draft remarks, assistance of media advisory development, coordination with customers, invitees and industry associations.
- Oversee the development of communication materials (info graphics, brochures, posters, banners, etc.).
- Coordinate the Volunteer Strong Committee, an employee-driven community engagement program.
- Coordinate the Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Committee and enable PAR Committed certification, manage critical path and monitor interactions toward meaningful outcomes.
- Oversee the development and distribution of social media content targeting communities.
- Oversee and update website content for nec.bwxt.com with Communications staff.
- Oversee the BWXT NEC Contribution & Membership program, including the development of annual forecast, responses to community requests, issuance of payments in line with budget and forecasting, obtaining approvals for new requests, coordination of sponsorship and event staffing requirements and branding.
Public Information & Disclosure Program & Regulatory Support:
Annually update the Public Information and Disclosure Program (PIDP) for BWXT NEC and BWXT Medical.
- Uphold commitments listed within the PIDP by executing deliverables within communications plans.
- Oversee the receipt and response to inquiries and via Isarta mailbox.
- Oversee and update stakeholder listing and track stakeholder engagement.
- Manage the Community Liaison Committee (CLC) program, including recruiting CLC members, coordinating meetings, following up on actions and evaluating performance.
- Assist Senior Director and senior staff with hearings by assisting with presentations, collection and dissemination of interventions, and background information pertaining to the PIDP.
- Assist Senior Director with Indigenous Relations in support of PIDP and overall company goals.
- Oversee receipt, approval for and payment of charitable contributions and company memberships.
- Be an active participant in CNSC supervised emergency response drills.
- File all correspondence to and from CNSC, stakeholders, media, etc. in accordance withPIDP housekeeping.
- Assist with the development, roll-out, reviews and approval of public polling surveys, analyze data.
Develop strategic communications plans toward aimed at informing employees.
- Oversee development of internal communication materials (announcements, electronic boards).
- Build and promote cross-functional relationships within the company.
- Act as the Peterborough, Toronto, Arnprior site representative for the crisis communications team.
- Oversee the maintenance of the myBWXT employee portal content for NEC, post local announcements, documentation.
- Oversee NEC promotional inventory and handle promotional merchandise requests.
- Assist the Senior Director with budget planning.
Community College Diploma in Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Journalism or or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical or regulated environment.
- Event management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, adapting styles/tones to different audiences.
- Excellent writing skills, including logic and structure, grammar, usage, syntax and punctuation for emails, letters, reports, memos, presentations, ad copy and all forms of collateral.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software and basic knowledge of print/graphical requirements.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and communicate to a diverse audience.
- Strong research, interviewing and writing skills.
- Ability to coordinate various projects and meet a variety of milestones under very tight timelines.
- Demonstrates self-motivation; finds innovative and creative solutions to solve problems.
WHY JOIN BWXT?
- Work within the growing and exciting nuclear industry as well as with highly skilled employees!
- Competitive salaries
- Employer-paid pension plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Bonus plan
- Competitive Health and Dental benefits
- Educational Refund Program
- Life insurance and so much more!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.