Our exciting growth and continuing success means that we are looking for one (1) energetic co-op student (Engineering or Computer Science or Physics) to join our Software Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the development and testing of HP's software and to assist in modernizing our development and build environment. You will be joining a team that is building a microservices application that can be installed and run by customers, as well as running as SaaS solution. As a Software Developer you will focus on test automation and CI/CD to embrace DevOps culture, you will be part of the development team in building a quality product and designing automated tests that will become part of the CI/CD pipeline of the new product, and enable high iterations and frequent releases with confidence.
- Contribute to building, enhancing and maintaining an effective CI/CD pipeline to support the frequent release of the product.
- Building scalable, cost effective test automation with a focus on product level integration tests and end-to-end test.
- Integrating automated security scanning and testing into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Contribute to integrating automated testing into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Be an active member of a Scrum team and to learn about agile software development.
- Testing of developed components within a virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Learn about the DevOps culture.
- Students who have completed at least 2 academic years.
- Students who love to program software (ideally before they joined university) and have an interest in software services.
- Students who have experience with cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Working knowledge in Java and Python.
- Individuals who work well with others, think outside the box and see raising the bar as part of the daily routine.
- Preference will be given to Co-op Students currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program.
- 4 month work term.
- Full-time with possibility of extension and/or permanent career positions.
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible?in your career as well as the world around you.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!