Are you seeking an opportunity to harness and advance your PR and
Influencer management skills as part of an energetic and dynamic team?
Oakville, ON-based communications agency Birchall & Associates Inc. is looking to add a resourceful and motivated Account Executive to its team of successful communications professionals.
Reporting to the Account Director, the Account Executive will work on multiple accounts, reflecting a variety of consumer goods brands. The Account Executive will be responsible for task execution related to PR, influencer relations, small advertising campaigns, and social media, as well as reporting, presentations, contact databases, activity trackers, and other duties as assigned.
Employee perks include a comfortable, dog-friendly office, optional hybrid work model, and potential to travel within North America to support client events. Birchall & Associates also supports an inclusive and positive work culture, a competitive compensation package (commensurate with experience) and benefits.
The successful candidate has a degree, diploma or certificate in public relations, marketing or communications, along with at least three years of experience (ideally in an agency environment).
Must work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment while managing competing priorities. The timeline for staffing this position is immediate.
The Account Executive will be required to:
- Assist with executing activities across a portfolio of client accounts
- Assist in developing industry, sector, and product-focused PR campaigns
- Influencer management - building and managing relationships, handling product samples, capturing monitoring and analyzing content
- Write social media posts, prepare calendars and monitor content
- Pitch content opportunities by establishing and maintaining mutually-beneficial relationships with journalists, editors, producers, hosts, etc.
- Craft high-quality written materials and other content under tight deadlines, including press releases and media kits, launch communications, segment outlines, radio/video scripts, articles, etc.
- Coordinate interviews/appearances, as required
- Maintain media and influencer contact databases; undertake monitoring and analytics
- Prepare detailed weekly and monthly reports/presentations
- Other duties, as assigned
- High levels of communication - presentation, verbal and written skills in English
- French or Spanish language skills are an asset
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Effective time management; ability to multi-task, evaluate account activities, assign priority, and allocate appropriate resources
- A passion for the media, including social media
- Talents include creativity, strategic thinking, and innovation
- Experience with event planning or incentive travel
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to ?think on your feet?
- Confident, positive, energetic, enthusiastic and resourceful
- Committed to superior client service, motivated to take initiative, responsible and accountable
- Willingness to travel and work outside of regular business hours, if/when required
- Minimum three years of related experience; agency experience is preferred
- University degree or college diploma/certificate in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint, as well as measurement/monitoring tools and contact databases such as Cision, Meltwater, MRP, Facebook Business Manager, etc. an asset
About Birchall & Associates Inc.
Birchall & Associates is full-service agency. We serve clients throughout North America across a number of sectors and industries including home, lifestyle, building, DIY, automotive, travel, hospitality & tourism, health & wellness, consumer packaged goods, manufacturing and more. We have a clear purpose that guides and informs our passion: To improve lives through meaningful, authentic connections and experiences, building trust and loyalty between brands and their audiences. We develop creative communication strategies and solutions that provoke thought, drive action and influence change for the better. We make a difference. That's why we're invested and passionate about what we do.
Please forward your résumé and cover letter to Jim Birchall, President, Birchall & Associates Inc.