Informa Connect, with its team of over 1,000 dedicated professionals, operates globally to deliver top-tier live events and digital content in 30 countries across various sectors. We're driven by passion, creativity, and a fast-paced environment, providing businesses with exceptional on-demand experiences. Here, your ideas come to life, and your contributions have a tangible impact. Embrace challenges, seize opportunities, and be a part of our dynamic team that's shaping industries.
We are looking for an Event Operations Coordinator to support multiple annual events within our Consumer Show division, including Interior Design Show, Artist Project, One of a Kind Spring & Winter Shows and Art Toronto. As the Event Operations Coordinator, you will work with the Event Operations Team to plan and execute all event logistics, ensuring the achievement of deadlines, compliance with health and safety regulations, budget control, and high levels of customer satisfaction. You are a creative, self-motivated, and confident individual who has a strong ability to multitask, is happy to work individually and as part of a team, and understands the demands and requirements of working in an environment that can be busy and challenging.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with partners (service providers, exhibitors, sponsors, and other key stakeholders)
- Source suppliers, services, and products adhering to established event budgets
- Produce and maintain the accuracy of vendor work orders (e.g. F&B, furniture rentals, structures)
- Produce exhibitor manuals and communications as well as a variety of event materials
- Assist with embedding sustainability into every event in line with Informa's Faster Forward approach
- Attend event planning meetings, presenting clear and concise updates on the event milestones, identifying and addressing any impacts to the event, and proposing solutions
- Perform general operations-related administrative duties
- Attend the event; move in, event days, and move out (ranges from 7 - 15 days per event)
- Be the main point of contact for food & beverage suppliers, rental companies, temporary staffing, and various deliveries during the event
- Support all onsite operations and logistics
- Ensure adherence to health & safety and Informa's AllSecure standards
- Consistently interact with stakeholders with the utmost professionalism and respect
- Follow a centralized accounting and department process for submitting and tracking supplier invoices for timely payment
- Participate in reviewing and improving operations processes for future events
- Organize and track inventory (office supplies and warehouse décor items)
Other Projects & Responsibilities
- Delivery and coordination of digital products as needed eg. virtual orientations, stage graphics
- Collaborate on the development of event policies
- Participate in company training and best practice programs
- Research projects as needed
- Travel as requested to conferences, vendors, tradeshows, etc.
- Use designated software and tools for record-keeping and event management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-4 years event management or deadline-oriented business experience.
- Post-secondary education in related field is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills & customer service oriented
- Proficient in spoken and written English; French an asset
- Great organizational skills, detail-oriented, and able to manage workload under pressure.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, especially when executing events
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion
- Experience with using Microsoft Office (eg. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Illustrator) an asset
- Experience with website content management (html, CSS) an asset
- Possess physical strength and stamina to occasionally pack and lift boxes and items as heavy as 40 lbs. (18 kg)
The pay range for this position is 50,000 - 55,000 CAD based on experience
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 10 days PTO plus 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all expert's experts and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.