Welcome to Vale. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. Together. We value our workforce and strive to offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale Base Metals is one of the world's largest producers of high-quality nickel and an important producer of copper and responsibly sourced cobalt. With headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations in Newfoundland & Labrador, Ontario, Manitoba, UK, Indonesia, and Brazil, we are delivering the critical building blocks for a cleaner, greener future.
Applying the latest technologies to sustainably mine the critical minerals that power electric vehicles, build renewable energy solutions, and help develop life-saving medical equipment is at the heart of what we do.
We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our Newfoundland and Labrador Operations are an integrated mining, milling, and processing operation. Nickel concentrate from the fly-in, fly-out Voisey's Bay operation is shipped to our state-of-art Long Harbour Processing Plant where it is refined into low-carbon and high-purity nickel rounds, cobalt rounds and copper cathodes.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant III to join our Voisey's Bay Team supporting our remote mine site in Voisey's Bay, Labrador, a fly-in fly-out operation. This permanent position will be working remotely on a Monday to Friday schedule with significant travel to the Voisey's Bay Mine Site and St. John's office as required.
The successful candidate will provide administration assistance on daily basis. On a day-to-day basis, this role will involve scheduling/organizing meetings, booking domestic and international travel, visa requirements, vacation scheduling, filing, typing, mail/file distribution, invoice management, and maintaining contact with other business locations.
Additionally, in this position you will:
- Effectively communicate with senior-level internal and external contacts and be exposed to confidential data.
- Provide and obtain information from other managers, directors, and outside representatives.
- Receive and screen telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors, answering routine questions, and acquiring and providing information to save executive's time.
- Schedule appointments and coordinate arrangements for meetings and conferences.
- Complete travel arrangements, such as: flights, car rentals, and hotel bookings.
- Coordinate and maintain the executive's correspondence and records, following up on pending matters with limited direction.
- Draft correspondence for executive's final approval.
- Prepare complex reports, and assist with gathering, summarizing, and analyzing data.
- Organize and prepare complex documents requiring the integration of multiple office technologies and software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerBI, etc.
- Process invoices for payment into the SAP system and maintain invoice filing system. Ensure prompt payment to suppliers with agreed upon timelines while resolving any issues that may arise.
- Transcribe dictation of a highly technical and confidential nature.
- Work independently with only general guidance on special projects.
- Assist in the budget process by consolidating information and monitoring spend throughout the year.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Administration or Business Studies.
- 5 to 7 years of proven administrative experience in a similar role.
- Able to work collaboratively within a team environment across multiple locations.
- Proven understanding of the importance of maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Self-motivation and ability to complete work with minimal direction.
- Outstanding digital literacy in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) is required.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of SAP is considered an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills at an executive level. Well-polished and professional.
What We Offer You
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to earn an annual Employee Bonus
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans, and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth
- Opportunities to grow your career in a large global company, and mining industry leader
- Online training and career development opportunities
Include to Transform
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome - they are critical to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
Vale recognizes the Impacts and Benefits Agreements with the Innu Nation and the Nunatsiavut Government in which Innu and Inuit workers have first preference for employment at the Voisey's Bay Mine Site.
Interested applicants must submit their application online at https://vale.eightfold.ai/careers. Innu Nation members and Nunatsiavut beneficiaries can also submit their application to their Vale Aboriginal Employment Coordinator.
Accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation to enable you participate in our recruitment process, please email us at via Isarta.
Pay Grade: G04
Apply by: Wednesday, November 29th, 2023.