Req ID: 162977
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Central Zone, Bethune Building - QEII
Department : DOM Dept Med Haematology
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: NSGEU Admin Professionals Position
Posting Closing Date: 19-Nov-23
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We're on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with a Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Manager, Department of Medicine, the Medical Secretary is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of medical staff offices in the Division. These duties primarily support assigned staff physician(s) and include clinical, research, academic and administrative responsibilities of the physicians.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Grade XII plus graduation from a recognized one year secretarial or office administration course
- Minimum of one year secretarial experience required
- Medical terminology course required
- Recent medical secretarial experience in an academic setting is an asset
- Experience with scheduling and coordination of undergraduate and post graduate medical education program an asset
- Experience with research funding applications an asset
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
- Experience with manuscript typing an asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in common office productivity software (ie. Microsoft office)
- Able to function independently and problem solve with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to learn and work quickly; adaptable to change
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Skills testing will be performed. Only applicants achieving a mark of 70% will advance to the interview process.
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
- Permanent, Full-time position, 70 hrs bi-weekly
Compensation and Incentives
$20.36 - $23.14 Hourly
Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Admin Professionals bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate proof of primary series of COVID -19 vaccine at time of hire.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Foreign Nationals/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.