THRUSTER ENERGY CORP
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Salaried, Permanent Full-Time
Location: Calgary, AB
Thruster Energy Corp. (TEC) is seeking a driven, technically inclined representative to join our Calgary based sales group. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, growing organization in a leading role within the oilfield completions industry.
Reporting to Sales Manager, Canada, the Technical Sales Representative is responsible for identifying and prospecting potential client relationships, coordinating awarded work with operations and providing ongoing support to both clients and internal operations across all service lines. The successful candidate will be able to apply knowledge in downhole mechanics and fluid dynamics to design effective solutions for a growing client base.
Although business operations occur during regular 8-5 Monday-Friday office hours, this role will require occasional engagement and event attendance during evening and weekend hours.
Must be located in the Calgary area.
PROFESSIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the expertise & abilities of Thruster Energy Corp. throughout assigned territory
- Identify new clients and develop positive relationships that will result in the sale of products and services
- Prepare business proposals, tenders and quotations for customer projects as required
- Define target accounts based on activity or potential activity and remain in close contact with all clients and potential clients through various channels
- Assist in activity forecasting with known booked work and potential new opportunities
- Attend and participate in client CWOP meetings
- Exercise technical competency in advising clients on available solutions
- Maintain professional image within industry & contribute meaningfully to industry related discussions
- Ensure the accuracy of client billing
- Maintain monthly expense reporting
- Occasional (~5%) travel to Red Deer and Grande Prairie facilities may be required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in Business, Finance or Engineering preferred but not required
- Sales experience and developed network in Canadian D&C operations is necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of thru-tubing, completions tools, drilling motors, downhole and/or drilling & completions operations is an asset
- Familiar with service rig, coiled tubing and snubbing completions/workover applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Ability to analyze completions programs, review operating/safety materials and communicate vital components with TEC team members in a timely manner
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in a professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proactive and have an enthusiastic approach
- Ability to problem solve and exercise sound judgement
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver's license with clean driving abstract
- Current First Aid, H2S, and CSO certificates are a plus but not required
ABOUT THRUSTER ENERGY CORP
Thruster Energy Corp. is a premiere thru-tubing service company comprised of seasoned, experienced professionals with extensive knowledge & expertise. By designing and building world class downhole tools while identifying and aligning with industry-leading supporting equipment as well as providing the innovative Universal Jet Thruster (UJT), TEC offers agile solutions to address today's challenging wellbores.