peopleCare is a family owned, values-based organization that provides outstanding care and exceptional experiences for those who live and work in our long-term care and retirement homes. Our staff are engaged, enthusiastic and strive to exceed expectations. We are always looking to hire talented and caring new people, who want to make a difference and who embrace change with a positive attitude. Investing in staff wellness, recognition, education, and leadership development is a priority.
Named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for ten years in a row, peopleCare is also accredited with Exemplary Standing. These distinctions are thanks to our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated people working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care, and services. Our teams are committed to social impact and going Beyond Ourselves in our communities.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, as we are growing fast and continue to seek new opportunities to raise the bar in Changing the World of Senior Living! That's where your talents and ideas come in. If you enjoy working with people - and want to create meaningful experiences for our residents, families, staff, and partners - apply to the fantastic opportunity below!
The Communications Coordinator works collaboratively with other members of the peopleCare team and external stakeholders. Supports all aspects of communications and engagement with a special focus on social and digital media. Exceptional creative writing and graphic design ability is a must-have to develop high-quality, compelling content, in a variety of mediums, that aligns with the peopleCare brand and helps us effectively share our story. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, ability to set priorities and undertake multiple tasks, as well as attention to detail.
Reports to: Vice President, Communications and Engagement
Social and Digital Media
- Develops and implements digital communications strategy and tactics, with an expertise to produce and publish timely and compelling content and enhance usability of our digital platforms.
- Researches, writes, edits, designs, publishes, promotes and evaluates engaging, brand-aligned content and images across traditional and new channels with an emphasis on digital platforms.
- Develops training tools and provide hands-on training to support digital communications.
- Maintains existing and develops new data analytics Reports to supports strategic decision-making and quality improvement.
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
- Works closely with the Vice President, Communications and Engagement to develop and execute communication strategies and plans that support peopleCare's strategic priorities.
- In alignment with the strategic priorities, plans, researches and writes a wide variety of materials such as memos, newsletters, posters, profiles, fact sheets and more.
- Develops new and enhances existing high-quality communication materials aligned with visual identity, brand and language standards and requirements.
- Supports community and stakeholder engagement, including through role in event planning (e.g. community open houses, groundbreakings/grand openings etc.).
- Works with the team to develop and execute marketing and advertising strategies that support our strategic priorities, build brand awareness and credibility and drive occupancy.
- Supports the retirement leadership team ad hoc with their marketing and customer service needs.
- Assists with creating advertising plans through research with a strong ROI/value lens.
- Develops marketing collateral and promotional material for the organization as required.
Other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree/college diploma in Communications or related field, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years of experience in a dedicated communications role, including two years developing and publishing digital content. Some level of marketing experience with strong interest in the field is considered an asset.
- Gifted writer with a knack for packaging content in interesting ways. Skilled editor/proofreader.
- Proficient in web publishing/content management tools, applications (such as Mailchimp/Constant Contact), principles, and best practices.
- Experience in web analytics and reporting.
- Knowledge of graphic design applications/platforms (such as Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or Canva/Prezi etc.). Graphic Design Course an asset.
- Excellent computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications and strong working knowledge of virtual meeting solutions (e.g. Zoom).
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative. Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Manage confidential and sensitive information using tact and discretion.