Job Description :
This position promotes organizational excellence by supporting and leading SIGA's initiatives relating to HR processes and activities in Learning & Development (L&D), and promoting the growth and development of First Nations employment (Talent Acquisition).
Responsibilities include: Leading the selection of SIGA's online learning channels/websites and measuring their effectiveness. Leading the development and enhancement of SIGA's online Learning Management Systems. Providing recommendations to L&D's processes and procedures in order to improve SIGA's employee experience. Assisting site HR in handling their day-to-day L&D activities. Supporting L&D workflow, including processing Training Request Forms (TRFs), coordinating training for employees, and performing administrative functions. Participating in other activities and projects as required, in support of L&D and HR priorities. Talent Acquisition responsibilities include: Leading the selection of SIGA's sourcing channels and measuring their effectiveness. Leading the development and enhancement of SIGA's recruitment software application. Providing recommendations to management in order to enhance SIGA's candidate experience and sourcing processes. Assisting Managers, Directors, Casino Management, and HR in handling day-to-day activities, and serve as a resource regarding unique situations. Participating in other projects and activities as required, in support of Talent Acquisition priorities.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful candidates are subject to a background check as well are required to obtain and maintain a gaming employee Certificate of Registration from the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA)/Indigenous Gaming Regulators (IGR).
- The minimum age to work in a casino or any area where gaming can be seen is 19 years of age.
- Must possess valid Saskatchewan Driver's License and acceptable driving record.
- Some SIGA locations operate in a high sensory environment. You may be required to work in an environment where you will be exposed to tobacco smoke, high noise levels, flashing and blinking lights, and a congested workplace. SIGA adheres to all occupational health and safety regulations and makes every effort to limit the adverse effects of these elements.
- As our organization values employee and patron safety, SIGA has instituted a Drug & Alcohol policy for its employees.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements as may be applicable to your position including but not limited to both SLGA requirements and the Anti-Money Laundering requirements set out in the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and regulations and policies made thereunder by Canada and FINTRAC.
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Education or other related discipline.
- Several years of directly related experience and training may be considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook with the ability to learn new programs as required.
- Experience working with many diverse situations and personalities.