Position Type: Regular Full-Time (37.5 hours/week)
Department : HR People & Culture
Direct Supervisor: Director, People & Culture
Application Closing Date: December 3, 2023
Number of positions available: 1
JOB SUMMARY & KEY PROJECTS:
The role of the Human Resources Specialist, People & Culture is a result's oriented, highly organized, people focused position. Reporting to the Director of People & Culture, this role is responsible for day-to-day operational HR functions, including implementation, administration and maintenance of a variety of HR programs pertaining to talent management, recruitment, onboarding, people development, engagement & culture, compensation, and benefits. As HR Specialist you will be involved in various projects as we continue to evolve through innovation and continuous improvement.
- Work independently and in tandem with the Director to implement best practices in HR program development that is aligned with the Oval's strategic direction including workforce planning, talent acquisition and development, onboarding and orientation, employee engagement, and supporting the human side of change in terms of re-design of work and systems implementation.
- Assist with building collaborative and cross functional relationships across the organization & champion the core values of People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation.
- Administer, prepare, execute, and own the full process of employee documentation throughout the employee life cycle.
- Advise on a number of HR issues including HR policies and procedures, interpretation of collective agreement, vacation and benefits programs, and process flow for new hires and employment status changes.
- Collaborate on full-cycle recruitment: job posting, screening, interview coordination, onboarding and orientation.
- Oversees benefits administration including renewal, enrolment, dependent changes, terminations, and responding to benefits inquiries.
- Various HR administration duties including: the development of HR processes/procedures, offer letter creation, HR filing and maintenance of employee records.
- Prepares, analyzes and organizes HR reports (i.e., Headcount, training, turnover etc.) and prepares HR metrics as requested.
- Support all levels of management on performance and employee relations issues and provide coaching and guidance to effectively resolve workplace issues and manage change. Provide support during the investigation process as required.
- Assist with the ongoing evaluation, development and implementation of an Occupational Health and Safety program and management of WCB claims.
- Assist with other HR initiatives including compensation analysis, performance reviews, succession planning, reward & recognition, culture evolution, internal communications, HRIS implementation, training, and development.
- Support the Director as required.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, Business Administration and/or equivalent
- Completion of, or in the process of completing CPHR designation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of human resources experience in a HR Specialist role or combination of education and experience.
- Aligned with our company core values People, Excellence, Leadership, Team & Innovation
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to deal professionally with confidential information and sensitive employee relations issues.
- Experience managing projects with an ability to drive programs through engagement & communication.
- Working knowledge of current trends and practices in HR, comfortable with social media, creating posts, HR visuals and ways to engage with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced ability in Microsoft 365
- Strong leadership and coaching skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Team player with superior communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience with HR related software is an asset.
- Ability to complete a successful criminal record check.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
$63,665-$79,580 per annum (Dependent on experience and qualifications). We provide a comprehensive extended health and dental plan, in addition to an individual Health Spending Account, Paid Sick leave, Vacation, Municipal Pension Plan (MPP) and awesome Oval Perks including access to fitness, ice, courts, Metro Vancouver's tallest climbing wall and other Oval amenities!
Employment Type: Regular Full-time (37.5 hours per week) - Flexible Work Arrangment Program
Our Values make us who we are: Our workplace values are the guiding principles that are most important to us about the way that we work. Aligning with the City of Richmond, the Richmond Olympic Oval is an incredibly diverse and high performing values-based organization. Our values (People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation) are at the core of what we do; they define our culture, represent our collective conscience, and define the basic principles by which we operate. Our values govern the way we make decisions, guide us as we interact with our community, and shape our unique workplace culture and environment.
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you believe this is the role for you, you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!