- have experience and understanding of fund development and event planning,
- get excited and are driven to try new things,
- love making connections and working with enthusiastic volunteers, and
- thrive in a work culture of support and trust,
then join our team at Centre for Family Literacy as we grow and continue to make a difference!
Centre for Family Literacy (CFL) is looking for an Event and Fund Development Assistant. This role focuses on supporting the fund development and special event needs of the organization.This is a full-time (37.5hrs/week) one-year term position with the possibility of extension at the conclusion of the term. This position reports to the Director of Development.
- Support the creation and implementation of the annual fund development plan
- Data entry and maintenance
- Support stewardship of donors and stakeholders
- Research development prospects (grants, donors, corporate, sponsors, etc.)
- Support the preparation and submission of grant applications
- Support sponsorship programs
- Keep current of trends in fund development and events
- Support planning, development and implementation of special events
- Attend planning committee meetings
- Provide administrative support for events
- Carry out specific event tasks
- Liaise with communications team on event specific requirements and marketing
- Support planning for AGLC Casino fundraiser
- Oversee and support special event volunteers
- Perform evaluation of development initiatives and provide compilation and analysis
- Support the development and management of event and development budgets
- Provide information to the leadership team as needed
- Assist in providing content for Centre publications and social media
Overall Organizational Expectations
- Demonstrate initiative in supporting the organization's vision, mission and values
- Contribute to internal organizational culture
- Attend and participate in committee and team meetings
- Communicate effectively internally and externally
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities (internal and external)
- Promote special events, fundraising initiatives, and activities
- Other duties as assigned.
Personal Competencies, Education & Experience
- University degree or post secondary diploma in Business, Marketing, Fundraising, or similar field or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of and experience with fundraising and event planning
- Respectfully engages in difficult conversations and works toward a resolution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a high-performing, highly professional and results-oriented environment
- A positive and conscientious team player
- Supports and works to build an inclusive environment
- Experience in budget management
- Experience in volunteer support and supervision
- High level of computer literacy including:
- word processing, spreadsheets, marketing platforms, etc.
- use of cloud-based software platforms
- database management
- experience working in a Mac environment
- experience with Google Suite/Workspace
Full-time, 1 year term position (37.5 hours per week) - with the possibility of extension at the end of the term.
Salary Range: $41,000 - $46,000I
Benefits: Paid vacation (or vacation pay, depending on preference), sick time and PD time, flex time, hybrid work model (home and office), day off for birthday, two weeks off at Christmas (paid), half day Fridays in the summer.
Sounds like you? Send your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
Deadline: December 1, 2023 or until a suitable candidate is selected.
Be sure to tell us why you would be a good fit for this role!
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.