In all we do, we have the freedom to be our best self, belong, excel .
We are a family-first organization that provides employees with flexible options to focus on what's most important in life! Options include flexible work arrangements, compressed work weeks, and Hybrid Work Arrangements - just to name a few.
We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative self-starter to support corporate communications, public relations, graphic design and community engagement activities across our group of partner organizations. Directly in line with the Town of Innisfil's Strategic Plan 2030, you will build and promote corporate messaging and increase public awareness with a Community First approach. The Communications/Community Engagement Coordinator will also be responsible for:
- Developing effective communication strategies, initiatives, and compelling materials across a number of Town platforms.
- Creating awareness and support of Town projects, community relations, corporate campaigns, and special events.
- Creating, designing and executing social media marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Planning and coordinating ongoing engagement activities, such as town halls, public meetings information sessions, and community outreach events.
- Actively identifying and exploring partnerships with community partners/organizations to expand the strategic vision.
- Contribute to Town and affiliated organization's digital assets, including websites and providing training and support to staff.
- Providing on-call support for media relations and social media duties after hours and during emergency events.
The preferred candidate holds:
- A college diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline including Communications, Public Relations, Community Development, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- Preference will be given to candidates with community engagement experience.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a corporate communications, community engagement/community outreach, and/or graphic design role.
- Requires experience in the public communications/engagement field to understand the roles of various external agencies, pressure groups, and political parties that influence the Town's activities.
- Experience managing projects including planning and execution, monitoring outcomes and preparing deliverables for specific service area initiatives.
- Knowledge of best practices in public participation, end user engagement and community building.
- Experience with creating and executing social media campaigns.
- Experience in a public sector environment is also an asset.
- A valid Class G driver's license in good standing is required as is a reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
Closing date is December 7, 2023.
To apply to this position, submit your application online though our applicant tracking system. In the event you require an alternate method of submitting your application, please contact the Town's People & Talent team by calling 705-436-3710.