Job Description :
Position: Department Administrative Assistant
Dept/Program: Cardiac Cath Lab Triage Database
Posting ID: 2023-35485
Role Level: AC 05 Admin Clerical - $27.59 - $34.50/per hour
Status: Full Time (1)
Hours of Work/Shifts: Primarily Monday-Friday (Days) 8 hours
Site: Mississauga Hospital
Posted: November 16, 2023
Internal Deadline: November 23, 2023
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital, the Queensway Health Centre, and the Reactivation Center at Humber. Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission : A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
Our Values: Compassion, Excellence, Courage
Our Goals: Quality, Access, Sustainability
Our Enablers: People, Education, Innovation, Research
This position is responsible for collecting, inputting and verification of data on Cath Lab procedures into the provincial CorHealth and WTIS database - including Cardiac Cath, PCI, STEMI, TAVI, Mitral Clip, and TriClip. This position will also be responsible for providing administrative support to the Cardiac Cath Lab triage office. The qualified candidate will have exceptional organizational skills, ability to work independently and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners. This position will perform the clerical duties associated with this department including booking appointments, managing referrals, creating patient files, prepping charts, organizing pre-op patient packages, filing, telephone, reception and will assist with the collection and compilation of statistical data. Duties also include maintaining and updating databases, creating & updating documents, working with doctor's offices, referring units and regional hospitals to provide information needed pre and post procedure, and providing information to the physicians and Cath Lab, including schedules, pertinent patient information required for the patient chart.
- Collect, input, and verify procedural data into WTIS/CorHealth database.
- Assist compile, tabulate and submit statistical reports
- Book procedural appointments.
- Prepare patients' charts and study CDs as needed.
- Communications with Regional referring hospitals, patient units and Dr. Offices.
- Schedule pre/post clinic appointments, diagnostic tests.
- Create professional business letters, memos, reports
- Schedule and organize meetings (book meeting space, assemble and distribute agendas and take minutes)
- Assist compile, tabulate and submit statistical reports
- Maintain and process departmental staff time sheets/attendance and enter payroll
- Orders office and clinical supplies for program
- Other duties as required
THP is committed to internal talent, and therefore priority will be given to internal applicants.
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Administration Diploma required
- Minimum 3-5 years of secretarial experience at a senior level with cardiac specific clinical experience required
- Experience working with WTIS and CorHealth database preferred
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology
- High accuracy and attention to detail when performing a wide variety of tasks
- Typing speed of 60 wpm
- Demonstrates a high degree of initiative and self-direction
- Strong working knowledge of EPIC, Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and effective time management skills combined with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet the high demands and timelines of day-to-day operations
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working with hospital and community stakeholders
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record required
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Candidates are selected on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications.
Where these factors are relatively equal seniority shall govern providing the successful applicant.
Trillium Health Partners' (THP) is an equal opportunity employer who values the importance of antiracism work and is committed to integrating antiracism, diversity, equity and inclusion best practices throughout THP operations, policies and culture. Therefore, we ask that even if you do not see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on this posting, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We encourage all applicants who are members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the Ontario Human Rights Code based on race, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nations, Métis or Inuk/Inuit person to consider this opportunity.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.