At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data ? and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be a professional member of the EY Assurance team. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders
Your key responsibilities
As an Administrative Assistant, you will assist Audit Managers in organizing the workflow, supporting the organization of files, and communicating with the audit teams.
Skills and attributes for success
- Setting up new client files or rolling forward in Caseware/Canvas
- Working in MS Excel to manipulate trial balances for importing
- Importing trial balances into Caseware/Canvas
- Preparing and balancing financial statements in Caseware
- Updating/formatting financial statements, making adjusting entries
- Proofreading financial statements (if required)
- Prepare bank, A/R, A/P and inventory confirmations
- Finalizing financial statements, ensuring files have required sign offs and archiving
- Coordinating the flow of tax returns and review notes between tax and audit
- Preparing corporate/partnership/trust tax returns packages for client
- Organizing and saving signed tax documents
- Efiling tax returns/forms/Paper filing returns when necessary
- Maintain and organize the client directory
- Assist managers with client meeting presentations
- General help to organize the managers and facilitate communication and meetings
- Prepare covering letters, tax letters and all other correspondence
- Respond to any other duties as required
To qualify for the role you must have
- Must possess a university degree and/or college diploma
- 2-4 years of administrative experience
- Must possess advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint knowledge
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work with numbers, and have a basic understanding of accounting principles
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good interpersonal skills and able to liaise with clients, staff and outside parties
- Available to work overtime during peak seasons
- Must have initiative
- Must be a team player
Ideally, you'll also have
- The ability to work independently in a team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY / Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.