Position: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Department : Human Resources
Position Status: Full-Time Permanent
Number of Positions: 3
HOURS OF WORK:
Approximate # of Hours per week: 37.5
Type of Shifts: Hours of work are Monday to Friday, daytime hours and extra hours may be required on occasion to meet workload demands.
WHY WORK FOR US:
Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) is a state-of-the-art regional hospital with a proud local history extending back over a century. With a capacity of 494 beds, our regional hospital has one of the busiest Emergency Department in Ontario and offers an extensive range of services, including specialized programs in renal, stroke, cardiac, cancer care, and vascular surgery.
We wouldn't be the hospital we are today without the people, and nothing is more important to us then our team of dedicated employees. At PRHC, we pride ourselves on creating and maintaining an environment where people are valued, recognized, and treated with respect.
We believe that the best way to support our patients is through our people. We do this by providing our employees with competitive and comprehensive benefit plans, a pension program with matching employer contribution, professional development opportunities, employee and family assistance program, health and wellness programs (gym and yoga memberships, annual wellness fair, travel discounts) and a learning fund for educational development. Exploring new positions, programs, or development initiatives is encouraged as it contributes to your personal and professional growth. PRHC supports and encourages you to pursue whatever path you choose.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources with direct supervision provided by the Talent Acquisition Lead and receiving support and guidance from the HR team, the TA Specialist holds a strong focus on providing a professional and responsive client and stakeholder experience within the context of the candidate pipelining, recruitment, onboarding, and retention.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) is a key member of the HR team and oversees the full-cycle recruitment and selection process. TAS responsibilities include coordinating sourcing through various channels and screening activities, planning, and managing the interview and selection procedures and serves as a brand ambassador at career events. In addition to supporting immediate needs, the TAS develops long-term talent acquisition and retention strategies to source and retain top talent and nurtures trusting relationships with potential hires to generate future pipelines.
The TAS receives regular operational supervision and direction from the TA Lead including training, coaching and development. In consultation with the Manager, the TAS receives a performance appraisal from the TA Lead. The TAS works as part of the HR team within the Human Resources Division to ensure the team's work plan and the organization's vision, mission, values, and strategic directions are implemented.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, or other relevant field or equivalent combination of education and work experience in Human Resources required
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources an asset
WHO YOU ARE:
- One to three years of experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist or similar
- Direct experience with full-cycle recruiting using various active and passive sourcing and recruitment techniques, interview and evaluation methods
- Ability to effectively promote the organization to a variety of stakeholders
- Familiarity with ATSs, job boards, social media, resume databases and professional networking platforms
- Strong knowledge of human rights, employment standards, labour relations, privacy legislation, recruitment & selection principles, compensation & benefits
- Strong service orientation including proficiency with completing a needs assessment, job design and ability to consult with leaders regarding their business needs
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to adapt to continually changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use good judgement, and as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to maintain good attendance
- Honest and trustworthy maintaining confidentiality
- Respectful; possesses cultural awareness, embraces diversity and demonstrates sensitivity to others
- Sound work ethic
- Experience working within the healthcare sector and/or broader public service sector
- Familiarity with the collective agreements for ONA, CUPE and OPSEU
- CHRP designation, or eligible candidate
At PRHC, we take great pride in maintaining an inclusive culture of respect and a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. We do this because we understand that bringing different perspectives and backgrounds to the fulfillment of our mission, vision and values makes us better.
We welcome and encourage applications from members of all groups and backgrounds, especially those applicants who are members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the Ontario Human Rights Code based on race, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nations, Métis or Inuk/Inuit person.
Peterborough Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (?AODA'). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please Notify us by indicating you require an accommodation in your application form. A representative from Human Resources will be in touch with you to tailor the recruitment process to meet your accommodation needs.
Thank you for your interest in the opportunity at PRHC. If you are selected to move forward in the recruitment process, you will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.