Toronto, ON, CA
As a talent acquisition recruiter, you will proactively recruit, interview and present candidates for various non-exempt and exempt roles for our Canada locations. You will work closely with key stakeholders to plan, coordinate, and execute the company's recruiting strategy to hire top talent. The recruiter will ensure there is a strong active and passive candidate pipeline, seamless interview process and will hire top talent to join the Beacon team.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work for Beacon Building Products. We are one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the recruitment process for the region that includes sourcing, screening, interviewing, presenting qualified applicants to hiring managers, initiate and manage the pre-employment process.
- Build a consistent pool of qualified candidates by proactively sourcing active (in our ATS) and passive candidates through various strategies that include, Boolean searches, social media, working with local resources, and other creative ideas to get job seekers to see our openings.
- Organize and represent Beacon in career fairs or other recruitment events.
- Build and cultivate relationships with operators, Human Resources, and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct intake meeting with hiring manager to align on ideal candidate profile for the open position.
- Gather applicant feedback from hiring managers after interviews.
- Manage data associated with recruitment process.
- Work as a key member in supporting the company's Diversity Initiatives with a focus on networking and talent acquisition.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) in all your markets. This includes having the ability to influence Talent Acquisition strategies in the region in partnership with Human Resources.
- Present KPI's, including forecasting and trends to key stakeholders in the region.
- Meet and exceed our SLA goals for the organization.
- Drive a positive applicant experience that exceeds our expectations throughout the recruitment process.
- Participate in the onboarding process of new hires giving them a seamless experience as a newly hired employee at Beacon.
- Train hiring Managers on recruitment best practices and interviewing techniques.
- Work with Director of Talent Acquisition and Human Resources to analyze effectiveness of recruiting methods.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Bilingual is required.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in recruitment or other related professional service function required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong assessment skills; understanding of competencies and job performance.
- Create and foster relationships with colleges and professional organizations to attract and recruit diverse candidates.
- Outgoing, calm, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, entrepreneurial professional.
- Organized, detail oriented and demonstrated ability to manage high volume recruitment activities.
- Strong working knowledge with ATS, HCM, and CRM
Our goal at Beacon is to cultivate an environment where all ideas are welcomed, and all our people feel empowered.