Organic Traditions is a Canadian family-owned and operated company. We desire to nourish people with the most nutrient-dense superfoods from healing traditions around the world. Our vision is to inspire people to fuel themselves with high-quality, organic nutrition for prevention, regeneration, and longevity so they can live their healthiest, most vibrant lives possible.
We are seeking a well-rounded Graphic Designer to oversee creative projects for packaging and marketing operations for Organic Traditions. The Graphic Designer is a key member of the marketing team, where they maintain timely production of our 100+ superfood SKU's. This role requires someone with excellent visual communication skills, expert awareness of design and technology trends, knowledge of food packaging requirements, and excitement for all things health and wellness.
The Graphic Designer will report directly to the Sr. Marketing Manager and will be responsible for overseeing the visual communication of the brand. They will perform a combination of day-to-day creative and production tasks as well as innovate new design solutions for packaging and campaigns.
What You'll Do
- Design content for all print and digital ads, social channels, web and mobile, marketing campaigns, signage/printed assets for tradeshows and more
- Prepare print-ready packaging files for all packaging SKU's
- Work with International food packaging standards (Canadian, American, UK, etc.)
- Provide innovative and trend-worthy designs for new product lines and campaigns
- Uphold and update brand guidelines across all business touchpoints
- Works cross-functionally with Marketing, Operations and Quality Assurance teams to maintain proper packaging requirements
- Effectively collaborates with a range of external vendors and printers
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design or equivalent professional experience
- 1-3 years of experience in packaging design
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, CC Libraries
- HTML/CSS coding for web pages and familiarity with building email platform templates
- Extensive knowledge of print and packaging designs and standards, print production, typography, layout, color, and visual communication
- Up to date on relevant design trends and technology advancements
- Takes initiative and is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
- Passion for exceptional creative and production, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
Why Work With Us
- Competitive base salary
- Extensive group health benefits including health, dental and vision
- Hybrid work model with flexible office hours
- Summer Friday's
- Quarterly free product allowance
- Employee discounts on OT product as well as partner products
- Professional development opportunities
- Fun, supportive and collaborative environment
Organic Traditions is an equal-opportunity employer committed to nurturing an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
If this job description resonates with you, we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all the skills and qualifications. We're happy to review all possible candidates and see what you bring to the table! Please submit your application to Via Isarta.