Work Type: Part Time
For more than 90 years St. Mary's General Hospital has fostered a culture of innovation, compassion and respect. With this vision, St. Mary's has developed an environment that inspires people to perform to the best of their ability. Passion, excellence and innovation are deeply embedded in all we do. St. Mary's uses these principles to foster a healthy, supportive work environment that cares for the well-being of our community mind, body and spirit. When you join St. Mary's, your contribution will make a positive impact to the quality of life for patients and families. In addition, you will join a team dedicated to making St. Mary's the safest and most effective hospital in Canada.
New employees must provide documentation of a 2-step TB screening, as well as proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella (chickenpox) prior to their start date at St. Mary's General Hospital. Staff will require clearance from Employee Health and Wellness before they are able to begin any position within SMGH.
The Communication Clerk is a member of the health care team responsible for coordinating communication in and out of the unit, transcription of orders, and all clerical functions that enhance the overall operation of an effective communication center. The Communication Clerk tabulates and maintains all statistics relating to the activity in the department and performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Graduate of a Certified Medical Terminology Course
- Keyboard at a minimum of 50 w.p.m.; plus experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to present a positive image to customers and public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have a positive work record; Good attendance and a level of physical fitness appropriate for the physical demands of the position
- SMGH fosters a culture of inclusiveness, patient and staff safety. All reasonable accommodations will be made for this position.
*As per the collective agreement, the internal recruitment process will be completed prior to the consideration of external applications.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code. SMGH requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.
SMGH is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to provide an inclusive, barrier free workplace. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. Should you require this accommodation, please contact the HR Administrator.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to confirm the receipt of individual applications or resumes.