The Manager, Marketing is accountable for supporting and leveraging Canada Post Corporation products and services through marketing and branding. The Manager identifies, develops, and evaluates marketing strategies, programs and campaigns based on organizational objectives, market characteristics and resources. Through in depth knowledge of customers, consumers, competitors, market conditions, and CPC products and services, the Manager creates and promotes programs to business/ consumer markets. Manages and executes various marketing and channel support activities (Digital and Physical) by product or LoB; activities include agency management and budget management. Evaluates and reports on results and works with stakeholders including business partners and suppliers to meet the Corporations objectives and to ensure competitiveness in the market.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Manager, Marketing.
- Manages and makes recommendations on various Marketing initiatives and strategies. Manages and coordinates programs and campaigns, budget, timelines, objectives, impact and scope.
- Creates Marketing programs, campaigns for business/ consumer markets, channel support, online promotions and promotions to different geographic markets etc.
- Builds, manages and leverages relationships with key stakeholders, developers, production managers, project teams, clients, product leads, suppliers and corporate communications to market products and services and to ensure their cooperation and engagement.
- Agency management; works with agencies to create integrated and effective marketing campaigns. Acts as the corporate resource on marketing and acts as liaison with the Corporation's agencies of record and other suppliers of advertising and promotion services; provides information with regards to the product, timing, target requirements etc.
- Monitors and evaluates competitor activities to identify threats and opportunities.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
- Evaluates and reports on program results. Identifies the cause of success or revenue shortfalls, and recommends future approaches and/or corrective action in order to continuously improve campaign ROI performance.
- Determines financial aspects of marketing programs for new product development such as budgets, expenditures, research, development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections to assess impact and market performance.
- Reviews the creation and production of all marketing and promotional materials intended for an external audience to ensure that a consistent image and message is being maintained.
- Plans, participates and oversees the organization's marketing and promotional activities including direct mail, in-store and other corporate assets, trade shows, print, broadcast, and electronic media.
- Creates a positive work environment and culture by providing clear objectives and performance expectations for direct reports. Ensures a continuing development of employees and provides employees with the support necessary to deliver against the expectations of their roles.
- Maintains a network of internal and external contacts to regularly benchmark and remain current on future trends and developments related to government standards, industry practices, legislation, guidelines, new technologies, and programs related to marketing and branding.
- Completed post-secondary, preferably in a related field OR a combination of equivalent professional experience and training
- 3 to 5 years of relevant functional experience
- 2 or more years' experience managing people
- One or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset
Other Candidate Requirements
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs
- Designation and or certifications programs may be required for certain positions (e.g. Finance & Engineering)
- Excellent team building and leadership skills and experience
- Sound organizational, analytical, judgement and decision-making skills with proven abilities in problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
There are 2 Marketing Manager positions
- 1 position is permanent
- 1 position is for 15 months to cover a maternity leave with the possibility of being extended or of becoming permanent.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Our Leadership Behaviours
- A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
- An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
- A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
- A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
- A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post's corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
- We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer - We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity - We act responsibly and with integrity.
- We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety - We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.