My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just a student. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. Choosing a co-op at PCL will provide you with challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we're always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project. Construction is a complicated business and our success requires the skills and efforts of a diverse group of people, engaged in a wide variety of activities. Our 100-plus-year tradition of construction excellence is attributable in large part to the efforts of men and women of different cultures, backgrounds, and beliefs. PCL values the additional perspectives, solutions, and ideas that come from a diverse workforce. We recognize that these factors allow us to better achieve company objectives and meet the needs of our customers.
We are currently seeking a Public Relations/Communications Co-op Student for our Toronto District based out of Oakville, Ontario . This position will be under the direct supervision of a Communications Manager. We are looking for a student available for 4 months or for 8 months starting in September 2020.
The role will involve a combination of the following duties depending on the assigned project:
- Support the Toronto District communications team in the creation and implementation of communications tactics that shape and support district communications plans
- Research, write, and edit a wide range of engaging content for internal and external audiences, including articles, social media posts, website content, news releases, project profiles, executive communications, and proposal narratives
- Track media coverage, identify relevant trends, aggregate data, and measure analytics
- Research and maintain a content calendar to support district communications plans, ensuring strategies are in line with current cutting-edge communications strategies and tactics
- Produce creative visual content with an emphasis on storytelling through the lens of our key stakeholders
- Work with the communications team to develop and implement communications plans to support the organization's key strategic objectives, engaging both internal and external audiences
- Must be currently enrolled (not graduated) in a bachelor's degree or diploma program in journalism, public relations, corporate communications, with sound knowledge of the principles and practices of public relations and content marketing.
- Must be in an accredited co-op program.
- Additional photography, video production, and graphic design skills would be considered an asset
- Strong writer with excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Proven skills in project management and consulting with internal and external clients/stakeholders
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and web content management systems
- Self-driven with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively and take initiative in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, positive attitude, and a highly collaborative team player
At PCL, we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership and unsurpassed value. We're looking for hard working students who want to build their career with a General Contractor, and who thrive in a team environment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
PCL has operations in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Toronto, and Halifax. If you are interested in a student position in any of the locations listed above and are willing to personally relocate there for the duration of the work term note this on your cover letter.
Let us help you build your Legacy today!
: Internship Full-time
: Student or New Grad
Company : PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
: Marketing Student