The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it's our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a full-time, temporary Graphic Designer based out of our South Burnaby, BC head office (#105 5566 Trapp Avenue). This position will be a three month contract, with a possibility of extension.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce and maintain ads for publications across Blush Lane, SPUD & Be Fresh. Ensure that design does not get tired by updating it every other month. Ensure designs are consistent across all print ads and are in line with the current campaigns / themes marketing is promoting.
- Be part of the design team for all general design & print requests from supporting our office team, events team, community, warehouse, HR, Blush Lane and keeping brands consistent.
- Take on the responsibility of the bi-weekly Blush Lane flyer.
- Maintain the process put in place. This will mean working with a number of people to help you produce and meet your deadlines.
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects. This will include online and offline assets.
- Be a ?champion' of design by joining the monthly creative sessions. This will involve ensuring everyone one knows a week prior the meeting to provide ?great' or ?bad' design examples we can discuss into a creative doc, and leading the discussions.
- Be a team player in our design team, this may mean teaching and advising to improve designs.
- Help maintain design processes by providing write ups for any design work created.
- Ensure to abide rules set by our Brand Guide, but also able to inform and evolve our brands standards through a creative lens.
- Asses our competitors creative direction and provide suggestions.
- Offer input to creative meetings and sharing ideas.
- Communicate with design members to receive feedback and opinions. Present all design work to supervisor for marketing or development and get approvals.
- Liaise effectively with clients and other team members throughout all design briefs.
- Ensure all design produced meets the needs, requirements and brand values. This may mean getting comfortable in questioning a brief and inputting/sharing ideas of ways to better meet the requirements outlined.
- Be responsible for helping keep the new design process in place.
- Additional duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design for print and web
- Experience with film & video is a welcomed skill
- Completion of a graphic design program, or equivalent experience
- You'll be a rock start with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator and be capable with Adobe Premiere and Adobe XD
- Perhaps you have taken one or two or a million photos of your lunch and posted them to Instagram? We love it if you have a passion for food and photography as a large part of your job will be picking through stock photography, and working with a photographer to create photos for campaigns and marketing needs
- Experience preparing files for print (pre-press), as we print most of our materials in house, but we can also teach you everything we know
- Creating images for web has restrictions, we would love you to know what they are
- Ability to manage your own workload and priorities
- Experience helping and working with web focused designers Compensation:
- An annual salary, paid bi-weekly
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca